Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where string translations are not showing on the front-end when the string checker is disabled. They have tried solutions from other tickets without success.
Solution:
1. We recommended updating WordPress and all plugins to ensure compatibility and resolve any potential conflicts.
2. We advised the client to check the WPML -> String Translation section to ensure that strings related to the theme are correctly translated and that no multiple text domains are causing conflicts.
3. We suggested installing the Contact Form 7 Multilanguage addon to help with translating contact forms.
4. The issue was resolved by adding the correct text domain to the styles.css file of the theme (as it was showing two different ones on WPML -> String translation).

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.60 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justynaT-2 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Marsel Nikolli.

Author Posts
August 14, 2024 at 8:51 pm #16072511

justynaT-2

Background of the issue:
I'm trying to translate pages using WPML. When I enable the string checker on render, the string translation shows, but when I disable it, it doesn't. I was reading other tickets, but they didn't work for me.

Symptoms:
String translation is not showing on the front-end when the string checker is disabled.

Questions:
Why is the string translation not showing on the front-end when the string checker is disabled?
What steps can I take to ensure string translations are displayed correctly without the string checker?

August 15, 2024 at 8:32 am #16073364

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support, I will gladly help you.

1- Could you please share a screenshot/video (you can use loom.com and share the link with me) showing the strings you are having issues with?

2- Are these strings part of a specific plugin/theme?

* From the debug information I noticed that WordPress and some plugins require updating on your website, I suggest you do that and check if the issue with the strings persists.

* Note: Please ensure you have a full backup of your website before making any updates/changes to your website.

Looking forward to your reply,
Marsel

August 19, 2024 at 7:01 am #16082165

justynaT-2

Hi,

1. hidden link

2. These are string parts of specific theme: I'm declaring them like this:
<?php _e('String.','domain'); ?>

August 19, 2024 at 8:24 am #16082362

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

Thank you for the video and the information.

I would need temporary access to your website to investigate and understand this issue better.

Please fully back up your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply.

I would need to access your site's WP-admin.
Your next reply is set to private so you can provide the username and password details.

Thanks,
Marsel

August 19, 2024 at 10:49 am #16083085

Marsel Nikolli

Hi,

Thank you for the access, I just checked your website (didn't change anything).
I noticed that there are a few plugins that require updating, please update them.

From WP-Admin -> WPML -> String translation I noticed that the strings related to the theme are not translated (two text domains were being used from the theme). Please check and make sure that the strings are correctly translated.

* Also you need the WPML-addon plugin Contact Form 7 Multilanguage to translate the contact forms.

Let me know how it goes,
Marsel

August 19, 2024 at 11:09 am #16083157

justynaT-2

I have updated everything I can,
Yes, not all strings are translated but strings whitch are not showing as english and deutch are translated

August 19, 2024 at 12:00 pm #16083296

justynaT-2

I have solution. In style.css i had to change my Text Domain

justynaT-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-19 12:00:25.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.