Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the layout of the product archive displays differently in different languages. In Dutch, only selected products (animal pictures) are displayed, while in English, all products are displayed without an option to select which ones to show.
Solution:
We recommended editing the product query in both the primary and secondary languages to ensure consistency across different language versions of the site. Additionally, we identified that the English language product was still in draft mode. After publishing the product, the correct items displayed on the site. We suggest checking the frontend to confirm that it displays the correct products.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. For further assistance, you can visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 week, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
September 10, 2024 at 5:42 pm #16163107

gwennyE

Hello Kor,

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately the problem is not solved, because it's not the lay out of the picture format but it's the lay out of the page/template of the product archive displays different in different languages.

On the Dutch page you see only product pictures of animals.
It's because i can choose witch one to display or not.

On the English page all products are displayed. And there is no option to change this because there is only one template to work on.

Kind regards,
Gwenny

Thank you for the square lay out anyway, i do like it 😉

September 10, 2024 at 5:54 pm #16163125

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please check now and see if it's what you're looking for?

September 10, 2024 at 6:30 pm #16163164

gwennyE

Hello Kor,

Thank you.

I think we created now a new problem.
I want to create a page with different sections
Series "One dat at he museaum"
Series "Candy"
The products "Relaod" "Red Candy" " Punk Candy" are hidden now and don't show up when i want to show them else where on the page...

Can you maybe tell me what the problem is and how we can work around this.
Is this because it's a elementor template?
I just don't understand why it's giving a different lay out.

I need to be flexibel because it's about products. I need to add, adjust, replace ar remove them. It would be strange to ask your help every time when i change something...?

Hope you understand, thank you

Kind regars
Gwenny

September 11, 2024 at 4:41 pm #16167632

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, your Website WP admin access credentials no longer work for me. Could you please reshare your Website WP admin access credentials here again?

September 12, 2024 at 12:50 pm #16171003

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Let's use this template as an example hidden link . When you edit the product query, try to edit it in the primary language and the secondary language as shown in the attached screenshot.

Then, check the frontend to see if it's displaying the correct products.

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 8.47.59 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 8.47.52 PM.jpg
September 12, 2024 at 2:58 pm #16172150

gwennyE

Hi Kor,

Is it possible that your previous settings are still active?
I see on the dutch page the square lay out. And when I exclude all the products, the 3 that i want to see aren't show up...
Kind regards,
Gwenny

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-09-12 om 16.54.11.png
September 12, 2024 at 3:45 pm #16172595

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

When I checked, the English language product was still in draft. Then, I published it as shown in the screen recording hidden link and it works now. Could you check?

September 12, 2024 at 3:54 pm #16172683

gwennyE

Thank you Kor. It's working. It's strange because I thought i hade published it from the productpage (Quick edit) but i have done something wrong.

Can you remove the square lay out please. I do like it but the product is not a square format so it will be confusing for costumers.
Thank you again

September 12, 2024 at 4:08 pm #16172751

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've removed the CSS code that makes the image look square. Could you check now?

September 12, 2024 at 4:10 pm #16172754

gwennyE

Perfect Kor. Thank you very much for your patient and assistance.
Kind regards
Gwenny

September 12, 2024 at 4:11 pm #16172812

Kor
Supporter

Glad that helped. Please mark this ticket as resolved.

September 12, 2024 at 4:12 pm #16172816

gwennyE

Have a nice day or evening 😉
Kind regards
Gwenny

gwennyE confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-12 16:12:33.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.