Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to translate the first horizontal timeline on their page using WPML because the Elementor Timeline Addons Plugin is not compatible with the WPML editor.
Solution:
We recommend adding the following custom XML configuration to WPML to make the Elementor widget translatable:

<wpml-config><br />  <elementor-widgets><br />    <widget name="timeline-process-steps-widget"><br />      <fields-in-item items_of="cps_icon_list"><br />        <field>cps_title</field><br />        <field>cps_description</field><br />        <field>cps_icon_text</field><br />      </fields-in-item><br />    </widget><br />  </elementor-widgets><br /></wpml-config>

After adding this code, make a small change and re-translate the timeline. Additionally, we suggest sharing this solution with the plugin author and inviting them to join our GoGlobal program to enhance compatibility.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
June 28, 2024 at 11:04 am #15851280

nicolaH-2

Background of the issue:
Hi, on the page implementation (german Umsetzung) the first horizontal timeline can only be translated manually. What can I do to add it to WPML? The site I need help with is hidden link.

Symptoms:
The first horizontal timeline on the page can only be translated manually (which I have done). The second one works fine. I can not even find the words in original language german in the strings.

Questions:
What can I do to add the Elementor Timeline Addons Plugin to WPML?

June 28, 2024 at 11:49 am #15851606

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

as you had to go, I have created a forum ticket and checked the issue further. You are using the process step Elementor widget which is not compatible with the WPML editor.

To translate it you need to add the next code to WPML > Custom XML configuration:

<wpml-config>
  <elementor-widgets>
    <widget name="timeline-process-steps-widget">
      <fields-in-item items_of="cps_icon_list">
        <field>cps_title</field>
        <field>cps_description</field>
        <field>cps_icon_text</field>
      </fields-in-item>
    </widget>
  </elementor-widgets>
</wpml-config>

Make a small change and re-translate it.

Please share this with the plugin author and invite them to our GoGlobal program and we will be glad to work with them so these kinds of issues do not happen.

- https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Regards,
Drazen

June 28, 2024 at 12:24 pm #15851746

nicolaH-2

Thank you so much!! Have a great day.

nicolaH-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-28 12:24:11.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.