Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client has translated the CPT archive slugs into six languages using WPML settings, but the PL and RO languages are not appearing in the language selector.
Solution:
We have configured an option that acts as a fallback for languages without vacancy posts. If there are no vacancy posts in PL and RO languages, the archive page for those languages will not be created. This setup ensures that the archive pages only appear when there are posts available in those languages.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated or irrelevant to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Additionally, if you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 2 days, 2 hours ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 14, 2024 at 2:08 pm #16286527

michielH-2

Background of the issue:
I have translated the CPT archive slugs for hidden link into 6 languages using WPML settings. English is the default language, followed by NL, FR, DE, PL, and RO.

Symptoms:
PL and RO languages won't show up in the language selector.

Questions:
Any idea what's going wrong?

October 14, 2024 at 2:21 pm #16286600

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the ticket and please let me know how it goes.

October 15, 2024 at 8:58 am #16289483

michielH-2

Hey I hope you guys received the log in credentials - can you give me an update?

October 15, 2024 at 1:30 pm #16291093

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I'm checking on the site now and will come back to you.

October 15, 2024 at 5:53 pm #16292245

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your Website and I noticed that the vacancies are not translated or connected to any translations. As you can see, I've highlighted the languages that are empty.

Please follow the instructions here https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-link-already-translated-pages/ that explains how to connect the translated pages. Once you've done that, translate those pages to PL and RO languages

Screenshot_46.png
October 16, 2024 at 6:53 am #16293323

michielH-2

Hi Kor,

No the problem is regarding the /vacancies archive. The ones in your screenshot are single post vacancies which most of the times don't need translation - cause they're aimed at a particular language.

Please take another look at my initial request en screenshots.

Kind regards,

Peter

October 16, 2024 at 6:58 am #16293377

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I get what you mean now. I've configured the option shown in the attached screenshot and could you please check and see if it's what you want?

If you do not have vacancy posts in PL and RO languages, the archive page for those languages will not be created. So this option will act as a fallback for both languages without vacancy posts.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 2.56.18 PM.png
October 16, 2024 at 1:08 pm #16295813

michielH-2

Perfect - thank you

michielH-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-10-16 13:08:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.