Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
June 17, 2024 at 2:32 am #15743145

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

I can see in the "yoast_indexable" table post_status as publish in the secondary languages After auto-translation with the new settings.

Product URL : hidden link

First, Still we have an issue, with this new settings we are not able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id", "twitter_image_source", "twitter_image_id" and "twitter_image" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" but we are able to see with old setting after auto translation.
Video Recording : hidden link

Second, Yoast SEO breadcrumb does not work on translation page.
Find the screenshot : hidden link

Note : Try creating a new product and test it. don't test with old product.

June 17, 2024 at 2:49 am #15743148

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Here is the new ticket. Can you please help me replicate the issue on a clean installation of WordPress? You can access the admin area directly with this link
hidden link

I've tried to replicate the issue there but still see the "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" ... data in the "yoast_indexable" table.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

June 19, 2024 at 10:16 am #15754691

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

I'm not able to replicate the issue in your admin, but we found out what an issue. let me explain you.

Steps of the product auto-translation :
-----------------------------------------
First vendor creates a product, then admin publishes the product from store-manager, after that admin will process auto translation. after this process we are not able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" table.
See the screenshot of the store-manager product edit page : hidden link
Product listing URL (backend) of the store-manager : hidden link

Found out:
----------------
If we publish product from the WooCommerce product edit page then we are able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" table.
See the screenshot of the WooCommerce product edit page : hidden link
Product listing URL (backend) of the WooCommerce : hidden link

You can test below products publish from woocommerce and store-manger.

From woocommerce :
-----------------------
This is the product published from the woocommerce by admin (After auto translation you can see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" table.) :

From Store Manager:
------------------------
This is the product published from the store-manager by admin (After auto translation you not able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" table.) :

Note : Vendor doesn't have capability to publish product from their login.

So issue is that if admin publish product from the store-manager then we are not able to see "open_graph_image", "open_graph_image_id" etc data in the "yoast_indexable" table.

June 20, 2024 at 2:23 am #15759527

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

So I understand the issue is related to the plugin WooCommerce Multivendor (WCFM) and its addon Frontend Manager: Store manager page in the frontend.

I suggest you use the automatic translation option "Let me review it before it gets published" and go to WPML > Translations to approve translation to see if it helps.

If not, can you please help me replicate the issue on the sandbox site with those plugins? It could be a compatibility with 4 plugins, not just WPML itself.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

June 20, 2024 at 7:42 am #15761870

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

I suggest you use the automatic translation option "Let me review it before it gets published" and go to WPML > Translations to approve translation to see if it helps.
*Reply* : This setting is not useful for us. we already discussed with this setting - if we use this setting then after auto translation in the "yoast_indexable" table showing as draft products.
See this ticket URL : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-auto-translating-in-the-yoast_indexable-table-showing-as-draft-products/
And also this setting "Let me review it before it gets published" is slowing down our translation work a lot because we have so many languages, and I would therefore very much like to change that setting to “Publish right away without reviewing”.

If not, can you please help me replicate the issue on the sandbox site with those plugins?
*Reply* : We have replicated the issue on the sandbox site, you can create a new product from the frontend manager then try to auto translation and see the data in the "yoast_indexable" table.
URL of the frontend manager : hidden link

June 21, 2024 at 3:30 am #15769911

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I can see the issue on the sandbox site after creating the product in the frontend with the WCFM Frontend feature. I'm discussing this issue with our 2nd tier support and update you here when I have something to share.

Thanks for your co-operation.

July 1, 2024 at 7:29 am #15866191

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

I am waiting for your reply, any update?

July 1, 2024 at 7:53 am #15866327

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team and currently, I don't have more information about this. I will let you know once I have any information.

Thanks for your patience.

July 2, 2024 at 3:34 am #15871813

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I got some new information from our compatibility team while investigating the issue: The SEO data is only generated in the translation product if the original product has the "_yoast_wpseo_primary_product_cat" custom field, and this field is missing in products created using the front-end editor WCFM.

There is a workaround to fix the issue:
1. In the WP dashboard (wp-admin), edit the product in the original language.
2. Click on "Update" (this will generate the _yoast_wpseo_primary_product_cat field)
3. Click on "Update" again (this will generate the SEO data for the translations)

or you can update products in bulk on the Products page.

It is a compatibility issue between Yoast and WCFM, if it works on your end, please also report this issue to the Yoast and WCFM plugin author.

Thanks for your co-operation.

July 2, 2024 at 10:21 am #15874382

peterJ-48

Hi Long,

The SEO data is only generated in the translation product if the original product has the "_yoast_wpseo_primary_product_cat" custom field, and this field is missing in products created using the front-end editor WCFM.
Reply : If is this correct then why we are getting SEO data in the secondary languages after auto translation if we're using this setting "WPML -> settings -> Automatic translation -> Let me review it before it gets published" ?

FYI : with this setting "WPML -> settings -> Automatic translation -> Let me review it before it gets published" the product status showing as draft but we are getting all SEO data in the secondary languages.

July 3, 2024 at 1:32 am #15878786

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Let me discuss that case with the compatibility team. I think that the option "Let me review it before it gets published" will trigger the Update function like steps 2 and 3 in the workaround above.

Thanks.