Nativy is the simplest way to order quality professional translations, proofreading, copywriting, and SEO services.
Nativy translates for several leading companies in Europe and North America including Siemens, PORR, Rewe, RWE, Omya, Gea Group, Western Union, and Heineken among others.
With Nativy you can:
- Get instant quotes and 3 clicks to order 500 language combinations
- Work with professional native translators with specialization in various fields
- Work with the same translators every time
- Have direct contact with the translator Manage translations on a department-wide level (e.g. share translators with your team)
- Maintain consistency of style and vocabulary using its translation memory tool
- Get translations cheaper and faster through its translation memory tool and database
Getting started with Nativy and WPML
To send content for translation to Nativy, install the following plugins on your website:
- WPML Multilingual CMS – the core plugin
- WPML String Translation – this plugin will allow you to translate interface strings
Working with Nativy via WPML
Here are the basic steps of working with WPML and Nativy. For a full walkthrough, check out our page about using WPML with a translation service.
Connecting Your Website to Nativy
First, you need to connect WPML with Nativy. Part of this very simple process is to request your Nativy API and Private Key.
If you are new to Nativy, you need to register first. Then, follow these steps to get your API and Private Key:
- Log into your Nativy account.
- Click on Settings → API Key for WordPress (WPML) or similar.
- Click on Generate key pair on the bottom left of the page.
- A Private Key and an API Key will appear that you can then copy/paste into WPML.
Sending content for translation
Once your site is connected to Nativy, you can start sending your content for translation.
Receive a quotation from Nativy
Once the content has been sent, you need to confirm the quote and place the order on Nativy as follows:
- Log into your Nativy account.
- Click on Order Overview on the main menu.
- You will see an “open order” in gray for the language pairs you submitted for translation through WPML.
- Click on “calculate quote again” to see price and delivery options for your translation request.
- Select the quote that best meets your needs and then click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
- On the next screen you can then add your billing address, special instructions for the translators, reference files, etc. and then click on “Pay now” to confirm your order.
- You can pay upon receipt (eligible companies only) or by credit card.
- You can always see the status of your translations in their Order Overview. You can also chat with the Nativy team or the translators should they have any questions.
Receiving completed translations
You will receive an email notification once the translation has been completed.
Once done, your site is ready to receive completed translations.
Canceling translation jobs
Clients can only cancel jobs as long as the translator has not started working on the job yet.
To cancel a job, go to your Nativy account → Order Overview and then click on the Cancel job button. If the button is not visible, this means that the translation is already in progress. If you still wish to cancel, you should contact Nativy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about canceling translation jobs sent to a professional service.
Translating the Rest of Your Site
Once you’re done translating the content of your page, there could be untranslated texts in menus, sidebars, and similar places. No problem, you can use Nativy to translate the rest of your site.