Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 72 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by tannerT 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 26, 2024 at 6:13 pm

tannerT

Background of the issue:
I am trying to ensure that translated products on my website are showing correctly. For example, when visiting the Spanish version of the website (hidden link) and clicking on any product name, it redirects back to the .com version. Additionally, when selecting the 'Espanol U.S' version of a product from the English version (hidden link), it results in a 404 Page Not Found error. In the 'WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency' plugin, the product 'Petite' is fully translated, and changing languages in the backend works fine. Here are the backend links: ENGLISH: hidden link, SPANISH (US): hidden link. The issue seems to be with the 'Link Reference' being corrupt somehow.

Symptoms:

Questions:

June 26, 2024 at 7:31 pm
June 26, 2024 at 7:51 pm #15837004

tannerT

Waiting with urgency

June 27, 2024 at 10:30 am #15843027

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'll continue to help you with this issue.

Please try the troubleshooting section.

1. Take a backup of the DB of your site.

2. Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link)

3. Once on the troubleshooting screen, press the following buttons and check if it helps. Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.

- 'Disable cache for language switcher templates'

- 'Clear language information and repopulate languages' button (if it is showing)

- 'Synchronize posts taxonomies' for 'Products'

- 'Clear the cache in WPML'

- 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables'

- 'Fix element_type collation'

- 'Fix WPML tables collation'

- 'Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs'

- 'Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE'

- 'Assign translation status to duplicated content'

- 'Set language information'

- 'Fix terms count'

- 'Fix post type assignment for translations'

- 'Cleanup and optimize string tables'

- 'Clear invalid strings'

*** Please backup your database before using this.***

IMPORTANT!!! Do Not click the - 'Reset languages'

Regards,
Itamar.

June 27, 2024 at 3:41 pm #15845263

tannerT

Thanks for the reply. Here are my steps completed:

DONE: 'Disable cache for language switcher templates'

NOT SHOWING 'Clear language information and repopulate languages' button (if it is showing)

DONE 'Synchronize posts taxonomies' for 'Products'

DONE 'Clear the cache in WPML'

DONE 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables'

DONE 'Fix element_type collation'

DONE 'Fix WPML tables collation'

DONE 'Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs'

DONE 'Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE'

DONE 'Assign translation status to duplicated content'

DONE 'Set language information'

DONE 'Fix terms count'

DONE 'Fix post type assignment for translations'

DONE 'Cleanup and optimize string tables'

PENDING 'Clear invalid strings' -> Takes me to a page with "Displaying 1–100 of 839" Results, should I delete them all?

TESTING PHASE

FAILURE #1
As a test I simply went back to the page mentioned in the original post: hidden link

Then I attempted to change the language to Espanol (US). This brought me to Page Not Found

FAILURE #2
I went to hidden link
Then I clicked on Petite under "Bañeras con Puerta de Acero Inoxidable", this brought me to the U.S version: hidden link

June 28, 2024 at 11:33 am #15851467

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for trying my suggestions.

When I try hidden link, I get an Error establishing a database connection. Please see the attached screenshot.

Please correct this and let me know once it is fixed so I can continue to check the issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 143155.jpg
June 28, 2024 at 1:04 pm #15852123

tannerT

This issue is not there, I recommend testing incognito if it ever occurs again.

You are free to proceed

June 30, 2024 at 1:25 pm #15862408

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I'm consulting our second-tier supporters about this issue. I'll let you know once I hear back from them.

I appreciate your patience.
Itamar.

July 1, 2024 at 2:20 pm #15869155

tannerT

THIS IS A CRITICAL ISSUE -> NO PRODUCTS VISIBLE IN ANY LANGUAGE

Eagerly Awaiting Your Response (24 hours no reply as of now)

July 2, 2024 at 7:26 am #15873136

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I have replies from our second-tier supporter.

Issue 1: steps to see the problem:
1. Go to hidden link (default language domain)
2. Use the Language Switcher and switch to Español (U.S.)
3. You will get: hidden link

Our second-tier supporter reply:

There is something wrong with the site setup.
If you try even the French translation, it goes to hidden link, and this is highly irregular. I suggest testing first in a minimal setup.

We suspect that a collision with the theme or another plugin might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment, switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty-Four and having no plugins activated except WPML.

First, you must check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyTwenty-Four (for example). If it persists, deactivate all plugins except WPML, its add-ons, and WooCommerce itself (without extensions). Then, please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, start by activating the plugins individually and checking when the problem comes back, then report to me which plugin was the culprit.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is live, you might want to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Issue 2: Product links on the Spanish homepage lead to the English product. Steps to see the issue:
1. Go to hidden link
2. Search for Bañeras con Puerta de Acero Inoxidable.
3. You will get redirected to hidden link.
4. The expectation is to get hidden link

Our second-tier supporter reply:

In addition, I can see that the language switcher leads to hidden link.
So, the user's custom permalink appears to be translated from walk-in-tubs to baneras-con-puerta, but this is not a feature that WPML supports, so it is probably a custom-coded solution.

Custom code is out of the scope of our support forum, but we are willing to take a look and see if we can suggest a solution.

Can you please explain where and how you translated the custom permalink structure?

Regards,
Itamar.

July 2, 2024 at 1:46 pm #15875960

tannerT

Itamar, all of your questions can be answered with the admin access given for our website

We use RankMath, the most popular SEO plugin found on WordPress for custom permalink structure.

Are you publicly stating that your plugin is NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RANKMATH?

If so, please do let us know so we can publicly exclaim this.

If not, get the problem resolve immediately.

July 2, 2024 at 6:12 pm #15877573

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for mentioning that it is an issue with the Rank Math plugin.

WPML and Rank Math SEO are officially compatible. However, we have quite a few known issues. Please see the list of them all at the following link.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-websites-using-rank-math-and-wpml/#known-issues

Please identify the issue you are experiencing and apply the suggested workaround.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 3, 2024 at 1:34 pm #15884922

tannerT

So anyway Itamar, how would you like us to resolve this issue? I am reaching out to Support to be Support, not AI and drop me links to irrelevant content.

I will await your step by step procedure and/or chargeback our WPML purchase due to unfulfilled promises with negligent support.

On standby

July 3, 2024 at 3:18 pm #15885540

Itamar
Supporter

I'm consulting our second-tier supporter.

July 3, 2024 at 6:03 pm #15886364

tannerT

On standby

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.