Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jorgeS-33 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 4, 2022 at 10:06 pm #11807453

jorgeS-33

i need to change from PT-BR in url to pt, i have changed hreflang and pages still have have same url.

Best regards

hidden link

Captura web_4-8-2022_1820_maipo.wd.cl.jpeg
August 5, 2022 at 8:50 am #11809507

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I think that you are referring to something else: you don't want to change the hreflang but you actually want to change the language code that shows up in the URL. The one on the second column ("Codigo") in the screenshot that you sent me.

The hreflang is something else that gets added to the code of the website's page so that Search Engines like Google can know what language that page's content is.

Here you can find out more about what hreflang is being used for:
hidden link

In regards to changing the language code from the URL, the existing language codes are reserved for the languages that come with WPML.

If you want to use a custom language code, you will need to create a custom language.

Please follow the steps recommended by my colleague in this existing ticket below:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/change-code-in-permalink-from-pt-br-to-pt/

That should help you accomplish what you wanted.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 5, 2022 at 2:32 pm #11811411

jorgeS-33

Thank you for your answer, i have followed tutorial step by step but im getting a new error and i dont know how solve it

kind regards

Leo

Captura web_5-8-2022_103019_maipo.wd.cl.jpeg
August 5, 2022 at 2:38 pm #11811503

jorgeS-33

additional pic of same error

Captura web_5-8-2022_103445_maipo.wd.cl.jpeg
August 9, 2022 at 10:27 am #11830877

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Can you please create a full website backup first and then create an admin account for me so that I can take a closer look at this?

Also, I'm activating the private fields below so that you can share the credentials.

Thank you.

Mihai

August 9, 2022 at 4:14 pm #11834103

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that I was able to log in successfully.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 11, 2022 at 2:20 pm #11851167

jorgeS-33

hi, i need to know how you going with this issue.

kind regards,

Leo

August 15, 2022 at 7:05 am #11865169

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there, Leo, and sorry for the delayed response - it has been a full queue for the past few days and I also don't work on the weekends so it took a while to get back to you after I checked on this matter.

From what I can see in the backend, there's no sign of the error that you showed me and on the front-end, it seems that the site loads fine on the language:
hidden link

Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Please let me know.

Mihai

August 16, 2022 at 7:36 pm #11875171

jorgeS-33

thank you very much. error is not displaying anymore

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.