Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported an issue where a product displayed a different sale price on the English version of their site compared to the German version. Despite resetting the price, the changes only applied to the German version, and the English price remained incorrect.
Solution:
We discovered that a specific plugin adding a Pre-Order tab was causing the discrepancy. The English product was set to "Set a fixed pre-order price" with an incorrect amount. We changed this setting to "Use the selling price" and updated the product, which resolved the issue. It was not a WPML issue.

If this solution does not resolve your issue, or if it seems outdated, we recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 4, 2024 at 2:23 pm #16141104

thomasL-127

Background of the issue:
I have a weird problem. One of my products had a different sale price in the english version of my site. I checked the settings of said product and only could find one sale price of the german version. That price was displayed dcorreectly on the german site, but the english price was 80€ cheaper than the german! I treid resetting the price by deleting it, and putting it back on sale but the changes only applied to the german version. So I rechecked everything but I cannot find the error. I cannot edit the price of the english translation, as that is how its supposed to be and the correct pricewas displayed in the backend but not on the frontend. I had to set the product to private to stop customers from buying the product for the wrong price. What can I do to fix this?

Symptoms:
Wrong price on one of the translations of my products

Questions:
Why is that? How can I fix it?

September 4, 2024 at 6:10 pm #16142253

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I want to investigate this issue further. Please give me access to your site and send me the link to the editing screen of the product in question.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me. I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/
**IMPORTANT**
- - Please backup the site files and database before providing us access. --
-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Regards,
Itamar.

September 5, 2024 at 10:24 am #16144223

thomasL-127

Could you tell me an e-mail adress I could use for the temporary credentials? I'll set up an admin account for you. What do you mean by editing screen? The product itself?

September 5, 2024 at 5:38 pm #16146286

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, I mean the link to edit the product on the backend.

You can use any email address. It does not matter to me. What I need is the username and password. And, of course, it needs to be an administrator user. You must insert the access details in the form for this in the private message.

A private message is enabled for the following reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

September 8, 2024 at 6:45 pm #16153046

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

A specific plugin adds the Pre-Order tab on your products. I edited the English product with the WordPress editor, and I could see it was not set like the German product. It was set to "Set a fixed pre-order price," and 367,00 was set in the field below. Please see the attached screenshot. I changed it to "Use the selling price" and updated the product. This fixed the problem. Please see the attached screenshot.

Can you please confirm that the problem is solved now?

Thanks,
Itamar.

2024-09-08_21-39-00.jpg
2024-09-08_21-39-59.jpg
September 10, 2024 at 7:59 am #16159783

thomasL-127

Thank you very much 🙂

thomasL-127 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-09-10 07:59:25.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.