Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
July 11, 2022 at 9:53 am #11640973

janekS

After I am importing all the products to English, Estonian and Russian, first two languages are working perfect, but there is a problem with Russian import. From backend I can see all the products imported, but for some reason in frontend less than a half is visible. And it is only in categories, because if you are opening product itself it is working. The category is also there (in breadcrumb), but if you click it, it is invisible inside the category (and that is for random products).

If i go to troubleshooting > Products > Synchronize post taxonomies it is fixing the problem with products, but all the products from now on becoming "simple" and I lose all the variations.

hidden link

July 11, 2022 at 9:57 am #11640989

janekS

hidden link

There are 2 products inside, but at the left side you can see that there are 7. The same 7 you can see in the English version.

The same 7 products in backend.

alba.PNG
July 13, 2022 at 7:09 am #11655739

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support. I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Thanks,
Drazen

July 13, 2022 at 8:57 am #11656743

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked and it looks to me like the import was not done properly (interrupted or etc) so categories were not assigned to the product.

This can be quickly fixed by bulk action, a quick update option in that language. If you have many products then this might not be the fastest way.

So, first I have set product_type to Not Transaltable since I see this setting has been altered.

Then I run Synchronize post taxonomies you mentioned which fixes the problem with categories.

After it I went to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Attribute and for each run "Synchronize attributes and update product variations".

I have checked and seems now is all correct, taxonomies and variations.

Please check and let me know if you still need my help.

Thanks,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.