Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client lost previous translations for WooCommerce products after updating them in the WPML translation editor. Specifically, the issue occurred after editing the original product and updating the translation.
Solution:
1. Check Translation Revisions: Look for previous versions in WPML > Translation Management > Jobs.
2. Re-sync Translations: Please take a look here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sync-resave-all-products-translations/
3. Restore from Backup: If you have a site backup, consider restoring from it.
Alternatively, resend the content for translation to potentially simplify the recovery process. We have compensated for the lost translations by adding additional credits to your account.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.99 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 23, 2024 at 12:20 pm #15992371

helenL-8

Background of the issue:
I am trying to manage translations for WooCommerce products on my site hidden link. I recently updated translations in the WPML translation editor.

Symptoms:
I've lost previous translations for WooCommerce products after updating translations in the translation editor. Specifically, the product at hidden link was translated on Sept 13th, 2023. After editing the original product and clicking the update translation button, the translation appears to be lost.

Questions:
Why did I lose previous translations for WooCommerce products after updating them in the translation editor?
How can I recover the lost translations for my WooCommerce products?

July 23, 2024 at 12:34 pm #15992419

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry that you were not able to stay on chat to tackle this on a more deeper level.

It sounds like the connection between the original and translated product might have been disrupted during the update. Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Check Translation Revisions: Look for previous versions in WPML > Translation Management > Jobs.
2. Re-sync Translations: Please take a look here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sync-resave-all-products-translations/
3. Restore from Backup: If you have a site backup, consider restoring from it.

I hope that you will find this information helpful.

Mihai Apetrei

July 23, 2024 at 1:41 pm #15992583

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

I’m back with an update!

In fact, I believe a quicker solution would be to resend the content for translation, which should simplify things for you.

We incurred nearly 1,000 credits for the translations that were completed (and are now lost), and I have already compensated for that by adding an additional 1,000 credits to your account.

So, feel free to go ahead and resend that content for translation.

Additionally, keep in mind that the first 2,000 credits are complimentary each month, meaning you won’t incur charges for any translation task that falls under that limit.

I hope you find this information helpful! 🙂

Wishing you a fantastic rest of the day!

Mihai

July 23, 2024 at 2:59 pm #15993082

helenL-8

Mihai, thank you very much for your time and help - and thank you for reminding me of the 2000 monthly credit (I had forgotten)

Wishing you a wonderful rest of the day

Helen

helenL-8 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-23 14:59:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.