Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 6, 2024 at 4:10 pm #15380746

mauricioS-4

I'm trying to use WPML and receiving this error message for days: There is a problem connecting to automatic translation. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes. If you continue to see this message, please contact our support team.

March 7, 2024 at 2:06 pm #15384737

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please see my previous private reply and let me know once the migration has completed. Thanks!

March 7, 2024 at 6:58 pm #15386408

mauricioS-4

Hi, it says it is completed, but I can't access your URL. Please check. Thanks

March 7, 2024 at 8:47 pm #15386798

Lauren
Supporter

Please share with me the credentials to log in to your live site. Please note that I will not be logging in to your live site, but will need them to access the test site now that it has migrated. If you are using a login page other than wp-login.php, please let me know that as well in the private fields below. Thank you.

March 7, 2024 at 8:58 pm #15386838

mauricioS-4

Hi, how can I access this new environment? I can't give you the password, I need to update it first.
Thanks

March 8, 2024 at 3:10 pm #15389952

Lauren
Supporter

Normally you can access it via the wp-login.php but when I try that on the test site, I get a Page Not Found, which is why I was wondering if you had a custom login page. See here:
hidden link

The FTP details are in the private reply where I sent the migration instructions, so you can connect that way as well.

March 8, 2024 at 4:35 pm #15390267

mauricioS-4

This migration doesn't work if the website is installed in a different folder..
I fixed a couple of things but others need to be done in the database. Can you fix the paths?

March 8, 2024 at 6:10 pm #15390440

Lauren
Supporter

Sure, let me know what changes you made and what you need me to change in the database.

One other question - have you tried registerint a site key for both
hidden link
and
hidden link?

I'm wondering if you are seeing the same error message after testing a site key from those two different domains. Let me know.

March 9, 2024 at 2:24 am #15391048

mauricioS-4

We changed the files that control the path of the application, moved the files from the root, update htaccess, and deleted cache.
I need you to update the paths on the database for the website and the application. The installation should use "application".

No, I only registered to the /application.

Thanks,

March 11, 2024 at 6:09 pm #15396927

Bobby
Supporter

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

While Lauren is away I would like to help you with this ticket.

Unforutnately I cannot access the staging environment created, is it possible to provide us with access to your current environment as well so we can take a look.

I have enabled the private field reply for your next reply to share access.

Thank you!

March 15, 2024 at 4:04 pm #15415280

Lauren
Supporter

I tried changing the pathways in the database but the then the site showed redirect errors. I also tried moving the files to the main folder, but that threw errors as well.

Can you have your hosting provider set up a copy of your site so that we can test further? I'm thinking the issue has to do with how your site is set up.

If not, I will move the site out of the /application folder and have you change the pathways that you changed back so that we can confirm if the site works in the main root folder. If so, then we will know the issue lies with the path due to the site being in the application folder.

March 19, 2024 at 5:59 pm #15428224

mauricioS-4

Hi,

I believe the WPML issue reported is not related to paths. As I mentioned other websites do use the same structure and work fine.

Not quite sure what you changed since I'm not seeing redirects, but you are free to set it up on the root folder in your environment. But at the same time, this will not be a replica of our environment.

I would just suggest debugging the admin error, it should be doable and easier for your dev team.

Thanks,

March 19, 2024 at 6:59 pm #15428496

Lauren
Supporter

This is precisely what I am trying to do, to debug the admin error. I'm not able to access the cloudways site that I set up. As I mentioned previously, I tried changing the database to add the /application/ but that did not allow me to access the site.

At this point, if you are not able to set up a copy of your site through your hosting provider, we will either need access to your site to see the admin error, or you can try sending a Duplicator snapshot of your site and we can attempt a copy from that.

Once we have access to the site or a copy of it where we can see the admin error, we will be able to troubleshoot it.

March 20, 2024 at 2:51 am #15429337

mauricioS-4

Hi,

Did you update only the "WordPress Address (URL)" with the path?

Send me the private fields so I can send you..
You can access it, and debug, but you can't change anything.

Thanks

March 20, 2024 at 3:26 pm #15432630

Lauren
Supporter

I tried updating the site URL and the home url in the wp_options table.

I have marked the next fields as private. Please let me know if I have your permission to test registering a new site key, one that I can create from my end, as I'd like to test different variations of the URL and see if the connection message changes at all.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.