Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.97 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 27, 2024 at 12:55 pm

danielJ-55

Background of the issue:
I am trying to translate my products on my site hidden link using WPML. I am using the Site Builder Astra-advanced.

Symptoms:
Some sections and images are missing on the translated versions of my products.

Questions:
Why are some sections missing on the translated versions of my products?
Why are the images and some sections from the Site Builder Astra-advanced not loading?

June 27, 2024 at 1:38 pm
June 27, 2024 at 1:53 pm #15844586

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for the access. I am working on it and 'll get back to you accordingly.

Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated.

June 28, 2024 at 8:39 am #15850508

danielJ-55

Any news?

June 28, 2024 at 10:41 am #15851199

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I tried my best to fix the issue on your staging site without any luck. I even found Image Carousel's relevant XML config for WPML and tried. I then realized that if I don't use a dynamic option (i.e. Product gallery or post attachments) then it works fine.

So as a proof of concept (and to prepare for escalation), I then tried on my fresh sandbox site but surprisingly it is working fine there out of the box:

- hidden link
- hidden link

I am not sure what'd be that particular difference between your staging and my sandbox.

Can you please try to reproduce the problem in hidden link (one-click login)?

If you're able to reproduce the problem, please write me the exact steps so I can try also and escalate accordingly.

July 8, 2024 at 8:32 am #15911038

danielJ-55

Hello Waqas,

I have investigated further and determined that the situation only occurs when using the auto translator. If i manually translate/or duplicate the page to a new language the page works fine.
This indicates that it is a problem within the functionality of auto translation.

July 8, 2024 at 10:21 am #15912277

danielJ-55

That being said, your sollution in the sandbox is not arealistic depiction of our situation.
I totally understand what youre trying to do and i appreciate it. And i also understand that when we build a clean install that it would totally work but that is not a realistic scenario.

Any chance we can escalate to a team that can debug code for us?

July 8, 2024 at 2:02 pm #15913809

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

Yes I enabled automatic translation in the sandbox to observe the issue.

However, can you prepare a staging or dev site based on your live site? So we can then further investigate and escalate accordingly. Because it may take some time when escalated, your live site may suffer unwanted behaviors and downtimes.

I've enabled your next reply as private, in case you want to provide a dev/staging site.

July 9, 2024 at 8:38 pm
July 10, 2024 at 5:18 am #15925408

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates. I am working on this and 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

July 10, 2024 at 7:34 am #15926210

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I just wanted to quickly check with you that if it is OK to delete unnecessary plugins and themes from the test site you provided?

Because I need to escalate and take a package of your site. Removing unnecessary stuff will help reducing the package size.

Please let me know.

July 11, 2024 at 5:26 am #15932117

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Our team investigated and found that there's no problem because we tried to reproduce the issue in several environments but we couldn't.

Since this was only happening in your site, we further investigated and found that you are missing gallery images for translations. That's why on translations these don't show.

Please see hidden link for example. I've demonstrated and added images to German and Dutch translations of hidden link and now both show the gallery successfully.

July 15, 2024 at 8:49 am #15953065

danielJ-55

Hey Waqas,

Only half the problem is solved then.

I really dont want to manually add the gallery images for 600+ products. Also we are using the feature "duplicate media to translations"

Also ive already stated that this problem occurs when usen the automated translation service. When manually translating htere is no issue. So the problem could be somehere in the storing of the product.

But also, more importantly. Even though the photos in the gallery show up, the other images DONT show up. The ASTRA built elements like the 3 features and related products.

Please advise on how we automatically add the images to the gallery.

And how the ASTRA built compoinents also load on the product.

July 15, 2024 at 9:06 am #15953108

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I've requested 2nd tier team for more investigation, based on your notes. I'll get back to you accordingly.

July 18, 2024 at 7:42 pm #15974554

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Our team investigated further and noted that the absence of WPML Media Translation plugin caused the issue, although it shouldn't have.

However, I've added WPML Media Translation plugin in your staging site and the said issues seems to be resolved. Please check and confirm.

In the meanwhile, our team is investigating further and 'll make necessary arrangements to handle this in future version(s) of the WPML and WCML plugins.