Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - -
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 15, 2024 at 8:36 am #16073336

gaborN-5

Background of the issue:
I am trying to access the shipping settings page on my WooCommerce site. I have the latest updates running. Here is the link to the page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Symptoms:
I encountered the following errors: 'Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templating/class-wpml-templates-factory.php:59) in /www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 7108' and 'Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/templating/class-wpml-templates-factory.php:59) in /www/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9'. All characters become strange on the shipping settings page.

Questions:
How can I resolve the 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent' error on the shipping settings page?
Why do all characters become strange on the shipping settings page?

August 15, 2024 at 9:12 am #16073642

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Please try the following.

A.

1. Take a backup of the DB of your site.

2. Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link)

3. Once on the troubleshooting screen, press the following buttons and check if it helps. Press each button at a time and wait for the process to complete.

- 'Clear language information and repopulate languages' button (if it is showing)

- 'Clear the cache in WPML'

- 'Remove ghost entries from the translation tables'

- 'Fix element_type collation'

- 'Fix WPML tables collation'

- 'Set language information'

- 'Reset languages' Press this button only if you didn't add a custom language!

- 'Cleanup and optimize string tables'

- 'Clear invalid strings'

*** Please backup your database before using this.***

B.

If the above does solve the problem, we suspect a collision with the theme or another plugin might cause it. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment by switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty-Four and having no plugins activated except WPML.

First, you must check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyTwenty-Four (for example). If it persists, deactivate all plugins except WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce without any extensions. Then, please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist, start by activating the plugins individually and checking when the issue comes back, then report to me which plugin was the culprit.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is live, you might want to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent error on shipping setting page’ is closed to new replies.