Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gianfrancoa-3 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 29, 2023 at 12:53 pm #14307313

gianfrancoa-3

I am trying to add to cart a product with variations. The ajax add to cart works for the main language (italian) but it does not work for the secondary language (english).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any product in the english version of my website, for example this one: hidden link

I expected to simply add the product to cart.

Instead, it keeps loading and does not add the product to cart. Also I got a 503 error on wp-admin/admin-ajax.php.

Please note: the option WPML -> Languages -> Language filtering for AJAX operations is checked.

August 30, 2023 at 7:21 am #14310673

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

I can see the error on English translation of the product while trying to add to cart:

jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.0:2 
 POST <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 503
send	@	jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.0:2
ajax	@	jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.0:2
(anonymous)	@	jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.4.1:2
e.<computed>	@	jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=3.4.1:2
_processAjaxRequest	@	<em><u>hidden link</u></em>
dispatch	@	jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.0:2
v.handle	@	jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.0:2

Looks like the issue is coming from an Astra-Addon plugin. Can you please deactivate this plugin and see if you can add the product?

Remember to take full backup of your site and database before proceeding!!

Please let me know.

Regards.

August 30, 2023 at 8:11 am #14311121

gianfrancoa-3

Hi, I've disabled "Astra Addon" plugin and now the product can be added to cart.

But since "ajax add to cart on single product" is a feature of "Astra Addon" plugin, now the product is added to the cart by reloading the page, not using ajax. I really need to keep the "ajax add to cart" feature and NOT reload the page.

Is there any way to keep "ajax add to cart" and make it work also for english language?
Thanks!

August 30, 2023 at 9:21 am #14311783

gianfrancoa-3

Just for the record, I've re-enabled Astra Addon.

I've understand that Astra addon is the cause of the issue (or maybe there's some conflict with Astra Addon and WPML?) but right now I can't disable "Astra Addon". I need to make it works also for secondary language.

August 30, 2023 at 1:07 pm #14314009

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

May I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site (including plugins & themes deactivation), which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise.

Please confirm it in your next reply or let me know if you do not agree with the mentioned.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

August 31, 2023 at 7:44 am #14317815

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access and the details. I'll soon check this and 'll get back to you accordingly.

Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated.

August 31, 2023 at 11:11 am #14319823

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, I just started looking into the site by logging in but right after that I am getting 503 Service Unavailable error in the admin, while, frontend is loading fine.

Can you please check and let me know if admin is accessible for you?

August 31, 2023 at 11:24 am #14319875

gianfrancoa-3

Hi, I confirm backend is workin for me... no errors so far.
Can you please check again?
Thanks

August 31, 2023 at 12:47 pm #14320673

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

I tried again, please see my screen recording: hidden link

I am still seeing the same error.

August 31, 2023 at 3:14 pm #14322171

gianfrancoa-3

You're right, it does not work when I try to login to the new user I've created for you. Can you please set my next reply as private? I'll send you my admin user credentials.

September 1, 2023 at 7:52 am #14324929

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Sure, please find your next message set as private.

September 1, 2023 at 11:12 am #14326157

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updated access. I was able to login and can see the dashboard now.

I'll soon check again and 'll update you accordingly.

September 1, 2023 at 1:21 pm #14326833

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I still need to work on it and have to check in another environment for further investigation and escalation if needed.

I'll update you latest by Monday.

Have a great weekend in the meanwhile.

September 4, 2023 at 4:29 am #14333309

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I was working on the site and tried to change the language to English in Users -> Edit Profile to English (because I am not an Italian speaker). But as soon as I clicked update button, site again ran into 503 Service Unavailable error.

I've tried to clear caches of my browser, tried again to login, but as soon as I am logged in, I get the same error. I am not sure if there's a plugin or theme conflicting with user profile which is making site unavailable during any profile update.

Can you please use this sandbox hidden link and upload your theme and most necessary plugins need to reproduce the issue? The purpose is to use minimal setup.

This is a fresh WordPress installation with WPML plugins (not activated and not configured). So you can activate and configure as per your site's.

You can also use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-plugins-dashboard/ in your staging site to enable download of your plugins and theme in separate zip files and then can upload and activate in sandbox via Themes/Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.

Please let me know when you are done so I'll start working on it.

September 4, 2023 at 12:22 pm #14336593

gianfrancoa-3

Hi, can you please check again my website? It seems that the cause of the error is "Rankmath", so now that Rankmath is disabled you should be able to try again.
Thanks and please let me know if it works.
Regards!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.