Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.69 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
July 11, 2024 at 3:57 pm #15936349

tatianaW-2

Background of the issue:
Dear Support team,

We are using the WCFM Multivendor together with the Plugin PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce by WP Overnight.
When a customer purchases something from a vendor's store, two different invoices are being sent to the vendor and to the customer. The difference in the invoices is the invoice number. Example: If the vendor receives the invoice with an invoice number of 001, the customer receives the same invoice but with the invoice number 002. Usually, the invoice numbers should stay the same and it used to work the correct way.

According to the WCFM Support this is a known issues, happening due to a plugin conflict with WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency by WPML (which we are also using). Do you have some more information on that? And how to fix it?

Thank you and best regards,
Tatiana

Symptoms:

Questions:

July 11, 2024 at 5:36 pm #15936888

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

WPML and WCFM are officially compatible. Please ensure to work according to our guide here.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/building-multilingual-multi-vendor-marketplace-sites-using-wcfm-plugins-and-wpml/

There is one known issue. But it is not what you describe. You can see the known issue here.

https://wpml.org/errata/wcfm-vendor-store-page-content-doesnt-fallback-to-default-language/

The responsibility for fixing that known issue lies with the developers of WCFM.

To be honest, the issue you describe does not sound like a problem caused by WPML. This may be especially true if it occurs in the default language of the site.

Can you please ask WCFM Support for more details about this case and why they suspect it is caused by our plugins?

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 15, 2024 at 8:02 pm #15956603

tatianaW-2

Hi Itamar,

thank you very much for your reply.

I have contacted WCFM support as you suggested and waiting for their reply.

I will update you, once I have their feedback.

With best regards,
Tatiana

July 16, 2024 at 4:58 am #15957897

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks for the update, Tatiana.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

July 17, 2024 at 6:12 pm #15967862

tatianaW-2

Hi Itamar,

WCFM support described the following:

There was a previous issue with compatibility between WooCommerce HPOS and the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.

Approximately two months ago, we were alerted to this issue by a client using WPML alongside the pro version of \"PDF Invoices & Packing Slips for WooCommerce\".

Are there any details about it that you can share with me?

Thank you and best regards,
Tatiana

July 17, 2024 at 6:40 pm #15967898

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Tatiana.

Thanks for contacting WCFM about it.

The following is our known issue with High-Performance Order Storage (HPOS).

https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-multilingual-rounding-issues-with-orders-when-high-performance-order-storage-hpos-is-enabled/

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 24, 2024 at 1:51 pm #15998844

tatianaW-2

Hi Itamar,

I just performed the following test:
I deactivated the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin and performed a test purchase.

The test confirmed, that the invoices were now sent-out correctly and that apparently it is this plugin that has caused the issue.

The issue that you have sent in the link above, describes rather something different. Furthermore, we are not using HPOS, but WordPress posts storage. So this must be something else as well.

Can you please check?

Best regards,
Tatiana

July 25, 2024 at 8:58 am #16002423

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Tatiana.

Ok, thanks for the information.

It seems we are dealing with a compatibility issue with the PDF Invoices and packing Slips for WooCommerce by WP Overnight.

hidden link

This plugin is unknown to us and not on our list of officially compatible plugins here.

https://wpml.org/plugin/

To help further, please replicate this issue on a fresh WordPress installation. Then, I'll be able to escalate it to our compatibility team. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:

hidden link

With this link, you'll be directly logged in.

Could you please install the WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Bundle plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?

If the WCFM plugin is also needed to replicate this issue, please install it.

Please configure WPML and WooCommerce as set on your site (just the basic configurations needed to replicate the issue are enough). Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin. When everything is finished, and you can replicate the problem, please let us know.
Important! Do not import your site to the test site. We must replicate the problem on a fresh, clean WordPress installation.

Alternatively, you can try another similar plugin officially compatible with WPML - the PDF Invoices and Packing Slips For WooCommerce plugin by acowebs.

https://wpml.org/plugin/pdf-invoices-and-packing-slips-for-woocommerce-2/

hidden link

Regards,
Itamar.

July 25, 2024 at 12:00 pm #16003367

tatianaW-2

Hi Itamar,

thank you for the instructions. I am in the process of setting-up the sandbox.

In order to finalize it, the following is necessary:

1) Another user with the user role Store Vendor.
2) Another user with the user role Customer.
3) Apart from the WCFM plugins that I already have set-up, the WCFM Frontend Manage - Ultimate is necessary, which is a paid plugin. What to do in such cases?

Best regards,
Tatiana

July 25, 2024 at 12:49 pm #16003619

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Tatiana.

You can create new users in Users -> Add New User, which is how you create users with WordPress.

We don't have the latest version of WCFM Frontend Manager - Ultimate.

Can't you install it yourself?

If you can't, could you ask for help from the support of the WCFM Frontend Manager?

You can tell them we are trying to help you debug a problem with their plugins and need their help.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 29, 2024 at 8:31 pm #16017899

tatianaW-2

Hi Itamar,

I have set-up WPML Ultimate and created a new user to complete the set-up. I have also done a test order.

Since there is no SMPT mailing service conntected, no order confirmation emails with invoices are coming. So it is not possible to replicate the situation 100%.

The invoice that is visible from WordPress does not show any invoice number at all, although I have set it up.

Best regards,
Tatiana

July 30, 2024 at 3:09 pm #16021230

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi Tatiana,

This is Christopher answering as Itamar is on vacation.

I installed a mail logging plugin and you can perform the test and see the result by going here:

hidden link

Thanks.

July 31, 2024 at 10:39 am #16024272

tatianaW-2

Dear Christopher,

thank you for adding the mail logging plugin!

I was able to replicate the issue in the Sandbox.

If you go to the Email log and check the invoice (in attachment) of what the Customer received and what the Vendor received. You will see that they have different invoice numbers (000003 and 000004).

The Customer receives a wrong invoice.

Best regards,
Tatiana

WPML Sandbox_Mailing Log.png
July 31, 2024 at 3:12 pm #16026319

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Thank you Tatiana. May I ave the steps I need to take to create one more scenario myself so I can explain the details correctly to the compatibility team?

Also as you managed to replicate the issue on a clean installation it is clearly a compatibility problem and might need the cooperation of the developers of the plugins involved so it might take time.

I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page regarding the time it might take to find a solution.

Thank you.

July 31, 2024 at 4:01 pm #16026459

tatianaW-2

Dear Christopher,

you just need to make a purchase of the test product in the store. The product is allocated to the Test Vendor user. You will see that in the emails, that Vendor and Customer receive, the invoice numbers in the attached invoices are different.

Alright, understood. Thank you for letting me know.

With best regards,
Tatiana

tatianaW-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-08-28 12:26:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.