Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
November 4, 2023 at 11:57 pm #14732065

jaimeP-2

When I switch from English to French from the backend, the domain no longer changes from .com to .fr as it used to. And vice versa, when I enter the backend through the .fr domain and switch to English, only the language selector changes but the domain does not change to .com. In that case, the language selector indicates that I am in English but the domain remains .fr and the thumbnails in the Media Library appear blank. To see the thumbnails in French I have to manually change the url of the domain to .fr.

Another problem that has appeared at the same time is that on the page hidden link there is an empty space above the third post, while in the English version it looks good: hidden link

November 6, 2023 at 3:05 pm #14739275

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I can see the issue with the empty space here hidden link . Looks like a layout issue or a 3rd party plugin conflicting with the theme. Please make sure to update the theme and the related plugins.

Also, based on the debug information, you're using a very old version of the WPML plugin. Kindly backup and update it to the latest version.

Let me know if the issue is fixed after updating.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML thumbnails are broken at backend, domain not swapping, and layout issue’ is closed to new replies.