Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
July 25, 2023 at 12:51 pm #14096577

John de Lange

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I activated a second domain for the English language (Dutch is primary). It shows valid when saving. Saved permalinks after saving.
Tried: deactivate Wp-Rocket, Redis, Rank Math, cleared WMPL Cache.

When going to hidden link or any other page on that domain, it doesn't open an English translation.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
WPML documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link and hidden link

July 25, 2023 at 5:55 pm #14098575

Mohamed Sayed

Hi John,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please go to WPML > Languages > Language URL format and switch temporarily to the "Different languages in directories" URL format.

Then resave the permalinks settings and check if you can access the English homepage without having the same redirect.

Let me know please how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

July 25, 2023 at 6:00 pm #14098585

John de Lange

That works just fine, switched back to separate url, problem returns.

July 25, 2023 at 6:25 pm #14098635

Mohamed Sayed

Please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

July 25, 2023 at 7:50 pm #14098811

John de Lange

I deactivated all plugins accept:
-WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (not showing as activated on WPML site?)
-WPML Multilingual CMS
-WPML Sticky Links
-WPML String Translation
Theme Twenty Twenty Three

The issue is still there?

July 25, 2023 at 11:10 pm #14099061

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to test the issue locally if needed.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

July 26, 2023 at 10:05 am #14102161

Mohamed Sayed

Thanks for providing the access details.

I couldn't find any clues, so I escalated the issue to our 2nd tier support team. I will update you once I get their reply.

Kind regards.

July 26, 2023 at 10:48 pm #14107091

Mohamed Sayed

Thanks for your patience!

Our 2nd tier supporters checked the site and mentioned that it could be an issue with your server, probably the second domain is not configured properly.

The server is redirecting hidden link to hidden link with a 302 redirect hidden link

Even page like: hidden link instead of going to: hidden link redirects to: hidden link

Please contact your hosting provider and share the issue with them so they can check and remove this redirect.

Let us know please how that goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Activated second domain but points to single post?’ is closed to new replies.