Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
August 22, 2022 at 12:50 am #11901225

andyC-15

I am trying to: Translate hidden link to other language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Contents are right, but the url is numbers. like this:hidden link

I expected to see: the URL in Arabian or other languages. Which can make the SEO better.

Instead, I got: hidden link

August 22, 2022 at 3:51 am #11901895

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I've checked and you should be able to translate the slug while translating the page. It could be caused by another 3rd party plugin and could you please try the following method and see if it works?

1. Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins and see if the issue is gone, if so, activate one plugin at a time until the culprit one is found.

2. Temporary change to a default WordPress theme such as the ‘TwentySeventeen’ theme from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes menu.

If the issue persists, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

August 23, 2022 at 6:38 am #11909341

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue you had there. To fix this, please follow the steps below.

1. Make minor edits to the primary language page title hidden link (to refresh the advanced translation editor) - I've done it for you.

2. Then, translate the page again. Since automatic translation is not working(due to insufficient credits), you can click on "Translate Content Myself" as shown in the attached screenshot.

3. Once translated, the URL links should be corrected as shown here hidden link . I've translated Arabic and Spanish for example.

Could you give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 2.36.58 PM.jpg

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot translate the English url to other language' url.’ is closed to new replies.