Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
October 27, 2022 at 1:33 pm #12324693

jonathanS-28

Hello. I have an issue similar to that onhttps://wpml.org/forums/topic/strings-on-stripe-add-on-for-gravity-forms/. I have a donation form with options to give monthly, annually, or one time. The English form has three Stripe feeds, one for each of these options. On the Spanish version the credit card field won't show and displays an error that translates to "The credit card field will be initialized when the condition is met." The credit card field is has no conditional logic attached to it and the only thing I can imagine is that my Stripe feeds are the problem, since they're in English. I don't see a way to create Spanish feeds to mirror the English ones. Can you please help with this?

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 9.33.25 AM.png
October 27, 2022 at 4:21 pm #12326027

jonathanS-28

I'm hoping for a quick reply to this ticket as my site is launching soon. Thanks.

October 29, 2022 at 5:35 pm #12336351

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

To verify, you are using Gravity Forms Multilingual and have fully translated the forms correct?

Related Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

Looking through some information online I am able to see that this message is related to conditional payments, please review the backend and verify that this is not the case.

if you do have a conditional payment it's possible the id it's looking for or the 'condition' does not match in the translation.

October 31, 2022 at 8:37 pm #12346025

jonathanS-28

Hi Bobby,
Yes I have translated the form and no there is no condition on the credit card field. There are three Stripe feeds on the form which are conditional so that one of them is used for a submission depending on the user selection.

October 31, 2022 at 8:42 pm #12346033

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

November 3, 2022 at 2:41 am #12366667

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

If possible, please review the password as I am not able to access the backend.

You can update the previous private reply if needed.

November 3, 2022 at 2:02 pm #12370359

jonathanS-28

All set. I confirmed the password and your username. The email associated with the account is support@wpml.org....

November 4, 2022 at 4:41 am #12376519

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I was able to create a standard form and it seems to work ok
hidden link

However, when I review the stripe settings for the donations form there is indeed some conditional logic in the feeds as you mentioned.

The problem that I notice here is that the condition option is blank, which might cause this behavior.

I did a duplicate and added a conditional form you will notice that it's working as expected, the notice is showing and the moment you select $50 it displays.

hidden link

November 4, 2022 at 2:06 pm #12382761

jonathanS-28

Hi Bobby,
Ok I added a label for the donation frequency fields on the donation form and it didn't make a difference. Again the credit card field itself has no conditional logic, just the Stripe feeds. This works correctly on the English version and has for years (this form is a duplicate of a pre-existing form on a previous version of the website). When I switch to Spanish the credit card field is still showing the error.

I notice that your new donation form uses the donation amount for the Stripe feed while mine uses the donation frequency. When I switch one of the feeds on my form to donation amount and choose that amount on the front end the problem resolves. I left the monthly and one-time feeds alone and just changed the annual feed to donation amount of $50. If I choose any frequency and $50 the credit card field displays correctly.

Can you help me figure out why frequency would be the problem for WPML? I can't imagine a reason why this would work in English but not in Spanish, and why donation amount would work for both.

November 4, 2022 at 2:18 pm #12382871

jonathanS-28

The only thing I can think of is that WPML recognizes $50 in either language but that since the donation frequency field choices are only available in English it's not considering the condition as being met. If you agree, why aren't those choices being translated or what's the workaround?

November 4, 2022 at 6:58 pm #12385347

Bobby
Supporter

The problem that I see with the frequency is that the name of the meta field is blank.

Is it possible to ensure there is a name for the field?

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.58.17 AM.png
November 4, 2022 at 7:13 pm #12385425

jonathanS-28

I did add a name for the field, trying both the front end label field and the admin label field, and it made no difference. I did this on the original form and not on the copy you made.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.25.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 3.22.52 PM.png
November 4, 2022 at 10:16 pm #12386239

Bobby
Supporter

Try now here:
hidden link

Select Per Month in the translation.

I figured out the issue. It's working with the conditional logic of the $ amount because it's the same in both languages, however in Spanish Per Month is Por Mes and the system is looking for Per Month.

Afterwards, I went to WPML->String Translation->Searched for Per Month and translated the value back to Per Month which seems to work now.

November 7, 2022 at 2:11 pm #12400787

jonathanS-28

Ok so the only way around this is to use English for the frequency? Is there another option?

November 8, 2022 at 4:55 pm #12412721

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My colleague Bobby is currently on vacation and I am glad to assist you on this matter.

I tried to log into your website for having a closer look at the issue, but the credentials seem no longer to be valid.

Could you please try to recreate the issue on the following test-site for further revision?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.