Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing unwanted automatic translations with the new WPML version, which incurs charges. The client wishes to disable this automatic translation feature and revert to having the option between automatic and manual translation.
Solution:
1. Open the Advanced Translation Editor.
2. Click on "Undo Translation".
3. In the popup, select the option to disable automatic translation for future translations.
4. This is a one-time action; once set, automatic translations will not occur by default.
5. If you undo an automatic translation, you will not be charged for that content.
If this solution does not seem relevant to your situation, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.86 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
October 23, 2023 at 11:37 pm #14641727

Jasmin

since with the new WPML version, WPML ATE is translating new strings automatically thus charges occur. I searched but didn't see a place to change such a setting. Can you help me how to stop this translation from being done automatically? I prefer the previous way: the option to use auto translation or manual.
see hidden link

Thanks

Jasmin

October 24, 2023 at 4:22 am #14641913

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Jasmin,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

When you open the Advanced Translation Editor, you can click on "Undo Translation" and there is a popup with an option to disable automatic translation next time. Please check screenshots attached.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

Advanced Translation Editor - WPML 2023-10-24 11-18-23.png
Edit Post “50th Anniversary Happiness Academy Okinawa” ‹ RAEL.ORG — WordPress - 21 October 2023 2023-10-24 11-15-25.png
October 27, 2023 at 9:07 am #14676643

Jasmin

haven't check yet, please keep this ticket open. Thank you! 🙂

Jasmin

October 28, 2023 at 3:00 am #14682603

Long Nguyen
Supporter

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

October 29, 2023 at 3:24 pm #14686899

Jasmin

is it a process that we have to do it each time? Is there a way to set this 'permanently'? We do NOT want auto-translation by default.

Once it's automatically translated by WPML, even if I undo it, it still charges... it's not?

Thanks

Jasmin

October 30, 2023 at 1:21 am #14687631

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

is it a process that we have to do it each time?

No, you need to do it one time. Please check the screenshot I shared above, you can click on "No" option.

Once it's automatically translated by WPML, even if I undo it, it still charges... it's not?

If you click undo, you won't be charged for that content.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

October 31, 2023 at 7:28 pm #14703435

Jasmin

Thanks Long
I guess it's done now. 🙂
have a great day

Jasmin

Jasmin confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-10-31 19:28:30.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.