Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by annaV-19 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
February 20, 2023 at 2:56 am #13066011

annaV-19

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I added 2 new products and they show up on the product page in both languages but not on pages that include those categories. On those pages, they only show up on the English pages. I have tried deactivating all plugins except woocommerce and wpml and it made no difference. The pages that don't work are hidden link and hidden link. The new products are hidden link and hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 20, 2023 at 2:15 pm #13070801

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be glad to help you.

I can't access the two products in French and both of them show "404 not found". Please go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Products tab, and resave those translations (Make sure it's 100% complete).

Once that is done, go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks, and resave the permalink settings without making any changes then check if you can access the french versions of the products on the product and category pages.

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_895.jpg
February 20, 2023 at 2:48 pm #13071215

annaV-19

Hi Mohamed,
I updated the products and the permalinks. I can see both products in French if I click on them in English through the category pages. I still cannot see either of them on the category pages in French.
Thanks,
Anna

February 20, 2023 at 6:14 pm #13073251

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Anna,

Please create a full database and website backup then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs
- Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations
- Synchronize posts taxonomies (for Products)

Then check if you can see the translated products in the French category.

Regards,
Mohamed

February 20, 2023 at 9:56 pm #13073997

annaV-19

Hi,
This has not corrected the problem. I have, however, realized something, when I switch to French from the product page for these products the permalink is not the one that I have set. If I put in the proper permalink it brings me to the same page but it consistently gives me the wrong link when I switch from English to French. For example, for one product the permalink should be hidden link but when I click from English to French on the product page, I get this hidden link. I do not know how to fix this.
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.