Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.06 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
September 27, 2022 at 4:25 pm #12134109

marketingD-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I just generated an XLIFF and downloaded. The name is CyberArk-translation-job-14824.xliff, but now with the new WPML that was upgraded I noticed the ID doesn't match what is generated. For instance in the dashboard says my ID is 85710

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No

What is the link to your site?
cyberark.com

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.23.50 PM.png
September 28, 2022 at 2:25 pm #12141825

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.

The ID showing in the new WPML translation interface is not directly linked to the ID inside the XLIFF file:
- In "WPML > Translations" download the XLIFF file again
- Open it with a text editor like notepad++
- You should find something like that:

<file original="14824-2968213e79a3a2d48490ffd189255384" source-language="en" target-language="fr" datatype="plaintext">

- If that number still start with the same ID as the "old" one (14824) then you're good to go and can upload the old file you have.

If those two <file original=...> are different please let me know. We could try to replace the one inside the "old" file by the one inside the "new" file.

Nico

September 29, 2022 at 2:18 pm #12150409

marketingD-3

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your time in explaining it to me. However, sometimes I need to refer to a specific file when I do a big batch of more than 100 XLIFFs and I can't open each individual file until I find one that matches the ID, because if I have to open the file I might as well look for the name of the page. Here is an example:
I attached many zip files with different translations. Total of 210 XLIFFs. Some I had a problem uploading, and then I went to that certain page and saw that Chinese Traditional had a problem in the zip and I had to upload it again (not in the zip, just the file itself). So I uploaded it, and it was fine. But before that I couldn't find the file because I had a big batch of XLIFFs for Chinese Traditional and I had to open every single one until I found which one was for that page. Does it make sense? IDs in the dashboard need to match the IDs that are being downloaded. In the past that is what showed, but now with the upgrade it doesn't.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 10.17.52 AM.png
September 30, 2022 at 12:50 pm #12156871

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

To be honest I don't have an immediate answer for that but I will ask around and come back to you. The UI was re-written in 4.5.9, but i don't know the reason behind the change of ID.

Regarding the issue you describe, I guess it would be faster to do it the other way around (not ideal but faster):
- If you have an issue with one translation, export again the Xliff file for that translation, the file should still have the "old" job ID in its name and inside the file as described before.

Example: If you export the Xliff file for 85710 the name should be domain-translation-job-14824 what way you can find the right file to re-import in an instant.

I hope it make sense
Nico

October 6, 2022 at 8:39 pm #12197167

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, I was gathering information about that issue. It seems that the ID in the table "WPML > Translation" is not referring to the job translation ID as the file name and the <file original...> inside the file remain unchanged.
I still mentioned that it can be confusing and they will discuss the possibility to get the ID back in future release in their next meeting. Unfortunately I can't give you an ETA for now.

In the meantime, the workaround reported should help you identify the right file.

Thanks for reporting this,
Nico

The topic ‘[Closed] I generated an xliff and the job id that was downloaded doesn't match dashboard’ is closed to new replies.