Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to translate PDF vouchers but encountered an issue where the product attribute was showing in the original language (LT) instead of the translated language (EN) when using the shortcode

{variationname}

provided by the voucher plugin.
Solution:
We recommended that the client should create a copy of the original template post and set it as English. If the product attribute still appears in the wrong language, we suggest checking the translation settings for the product attributes within WPML and ensuring that the translations are correctly configured. Additionally, it may be necessary to consult with the voucher plugin authors to ensure that their shortcode is compatible with WPML and is able to display translated attributes.

Please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 6, 2024 at 8:30 am #15269322

Martynas.V

I want to translate PDF vouchers

February 7, 2024 at 10:12 am #15275919

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

hidden link

Can you install WooCommerce PDF Vouchers, import one of your templates, translate and check if the issue is there?

If the template doesn't translate properly, can you show me where is it being used?

Templates should be translated through Advanced Translation Editor as per hidden link

February 8, 2024 at 9:22 am #15280233

Martynas.V

Hello Bruno,

that documentation has zero information about templates.

I made a staging site where you can work but I don't see private fields to write logins.

February 8, 2024 at 11:02 am #15280731

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Their documentation indicates that the templates simply need to be translated like this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/#assigning-the-translations-to-a-translator

However there is possibility that even after such translation of the templates, some things are not copied properly.

That's why I suggest we try this on our sandbox so I could quickly escalate to our compatibility team if we find this is the case.

hidden link

Can you install WooCommerce PDF Vouchers, import one of your templates, translate and check if the issue is there?

February 10, 2024 at 1:54 pm #15288585

Martynas.V

Hello Bruno,

there is no simple export/import option so it means it would take hours to recreate everything. More than that fresh plugin installation is not working without purchase key so that's another problem.

I contacted plugin author about this so I will be back with some information next week. I would appreciate if you keeps this ticket open.

February 12, 2024 at 8:54 am #15291450

Bruno Kos
Supporter

The ticket will remain open for at least 10 days, let me know if you need any further assistance.

February 19, 2024 at 8:16 am #15316277

Martynas.V

Hello,

I am waiting for a response from plugin authors. Meanwhile is it not possible for you to work on my stage website?

February 19, 2024 at 10:17 am #15317203

Bruno Kos
Supporter

My colleague mentioned the following - styles, background images, template elements and some words are not being translated or copied on English (secondary). He also tried translating product attributes, setting template's post type to translatable, setting template fields to copy, adjust/fix string languages.

So it would seem that they tried everything but none of it helped.

Would you be willing to provide me with WordPress credentials so I could investigate the issue directly?

I can take another look, please send me screenshots/url where I can see the issue.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

February 21, 2024 at 7:29 am #15325472

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Ok, I got to the checkout and clicked VOUCHER DOWNLOAD.

I do see that the layout is off between the languages. Is it this template?
tea.etiva.lt/wp-admin/post.php?post=18369&action=edit&lang=lt

I indeed see all system fields to set as copy.

But if I open hidden link, instead of the fields, I see "VOUCHER BUILDER AREA", is this correct? What if you add the same fields as on the original?

all custom fields.jpg
checkout.jpg
checkout 2.jpg
February 26, 2024 at 3:29 pm #15345127

Martynas.V

Hello Bruno,

sorry for the delayed reply. I am talking with voucher plugin authors too. We made a conclusion that is not possible to make a "normal template" translation. Instead I copy original template post and set it as english.

There is only one problem as it shows product attribute in LT instead of EN. hidden link I am using shortcode: {variationname} This shortcode comes with plugin.

You can check it on order: Order : hidden link

February 27, 2024 at 8:16 am #15347536

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Can you report this to them as well? They are officially compatible with us https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-pdf-vouchers-2/ so they have direct contact with our developers and that is the quickest way to fix such issues.

Because the case with shortcode also requires debugging which requires sandbox, etc.

February 27, 2024 at 2:31 pm #15349582

Martynas.V

They are informed.

February 28, 2024 at 7:26 am #15351969

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Ok.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.