Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
November 26, 2022 at 10:39 pm #12539263

jelleM-2

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I have added images to a image gallery shown on hidden link

In the edit-view, all images are shown.

Also in preview-mode, all images are shown.

BUT: when going to live view in a browser (not logged in WP), some of the images are missing. For intance "Jacques Chiraq")

WHAT I ALREADY TRIED TO FIX BUT DIDN"t HELP:

- upload a new image of Jacques Chiraq
- translate the page in all languages

Attached screenshots who:
- view in edit mode
- view in preview mode
- view in live mode

--> note missing Jaques Chiraq

ALSO: I AM VERY concerned that in future, uploaded images of new products will also not be displayed in all, or in certain languages.

Is there a setting that I should change somewhere (e.g. have all uploaded images de default not be duplicated to other languages? Or, on the contrary, have them duplicated to other languages ? (Although I really only want the same images applied across all languages PLUS do not want to unnecessary use up all my data space....)

Please help ASAP!

Jelle

Liveview.png
Editmode.png
Previewmode.png
November 29, 2022 at 4:20 am #12551667

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you on this issue.

Checking the image gallery on your site and I see it is created by Kadence Block. I think the issue comes from the Kadence Block itself and might not relate to WPML because the image is not displayed in the default language where the page is not translated.

Using the Inspect Tool of the browser, I found the source link of the img tag is based64 encoded and could be blocked to display by a caching or another plugin, screenshot hidden link
You can try to deactivate all plugins except WPML and Kadence plugins and upload, add the image to the gallery again to see if it helps.

If not, I recommend contacting Kadence Block support to ask for further assistance.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 1, 2022 at 7:20 am #12567733

jelleM-2

Thank you Long,

But before I do all this, please not that there is also an image does IS displayed on the default language, yet not on the translated pages - so this seems to contradict what you are saying.

For instance: on the default page hidden link :

- see the image left bottom corner (Lara Fabian)

Yet on the translated page, e.g. hidden link

- that image is missing

December 1, 2022 at 7:49 am #12567919

jelleM-2

Also: I tried to upload the images using another Gutenberg block (so not a Kadence Block), and thatr image (Jacque Chiraq) still is not displayed.

Also any new image that I upload is not shown, in none of the pages!

December 1, 2022 at 8:16 am #12568143

jelleM-2

I think I found the plugin responsible for this:

Imagify

This is an important and popular plugin though - do you know if there's a conflict between Imagify and WPML?

Cheers,
Jelle

December 1, 2022 at 11:09 am #12569735

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The plugin Imagify is compatible with WPML and there is no known issue with this plugin. Please read on this link https://wpml.org/plugin/imagify/

And the issue happens even with the default language so I think it could be a conflicting issue with another plugin, not WPML.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to do this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Images not shown’ is closed to new replies.