Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 11, 2022 at 7:19 am #11639399

janS-38

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm editing the Dutch category page hidden link. For this, I'm using a template in the Elementor theme builder. This template will show for this category only. However, the page currently shows an English header, footer, and menu whereas it's the Dutch website. I think WPML is causing this, somehow seeing this page as the English website.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link (Dutch)
hidden link (English)

July 11, 2022 at 11:39 pm #11646021

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Please review the following documentation and verify with me that the Elementor templates are translated

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

July 14, 2022 at 2:09 pm #11667497

janS-38

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your reply. I just translated the template from English to Dutch. What's the next step?

Previously, I duplicated the English template, translated the new template, and then set the conditions for that template to only show on the specific category page. Now it seems I have to take a different approach.

Thanks!

July 15, 2022 at 12:07 am #11670453

Bobby
Supporter

When viewing the category page is it showing as expected now?

Also, verify that translated posts exist for that category as well, that might help to display content.

July 15, 2022 at 7:31 am #11672129

janS-38

Hi Bobby,

hidden link
The page is not showing as expected now:
- The header, footer, and logo are still in English
- It's not showing the template that I translated with WPML yesterday. It shows the template I duplicated and then translated manually without WPML.
- It's not showing posts whereas they do exist. Previously they did show.

Thanks for your help!

July 15, 2022 at 11:38 pm #11677255

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Page keeps showing English website’ is closed to new replies.