Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by abbasG 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
November 14, 2022 at 6:06 pm #12457313

abbasG

Tell us what you are trying to do? Translate products using woocommerce multilingual link. I have installed successfully WooCommerce Multilingual plugin.

Is there any documentation that you are following? WPML guidelines and youtube.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 20.56.40.png
November 14, 2022 at 6:16 pm #12457369

abbasG

I have the latest WPML installed and installed WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (when I go to plugins -> add new -> commercial. However, when I go to support, I don't see woocommerce installed, see also attached. I can't translate products. Getting critical site error message - see attached.

I get the feeling, I am almost there, just need to fix a small issue.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 21.05.04.png
Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 20.56.40.png
Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 21.14.10.png
November 15, 2022 at 8:04 am #12460157

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.
❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

November 15, 2022 at 8:42 am #12460417

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Abbas,

Could you please check the username because I got an error message? (Error: The username *** is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead.)

Thanks,
Osama

November 15, 2022 at 12:52 pm #12463417

abbasG

Hey Osama,

Apologies for the earlier message. I did not set the user active. I have now set it active and changed the password, see private email for details.

Thanks, Abbas

November 15, 2022 at 12:55 pm #12463493

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Abbas,

Thanks for the access details. I've checked your site and the WooCommerce Multilingual is active but not configured. Could you please configure it and check if that fixed the issue? (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.