Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The title of the Events list widget created by Beaver builder can't be translated.

Solution:
Our developers found that this is a WP core widget that is not available for posts by default, it is activated by The Events Calendar plugin.

As it seems to be an edge case, we won't be able to provide a fix at the moment. So the only available workaround will be to translate the string manually with the following steps:

1. Translate the post normally
2. Go to the edit screen of the post (original language).
3. Change the language using the Language switcher at the top admin bar
4. If it displays a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
5. Edit with Beaver Builder and modify the string

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 2, 2022 at 9:02 pm

jonathanS-28

Hi. I'm following up on an issue first reported in https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-beaver-builder-saved-row-not-being-translated/ and which was only partially resolved. Andrés was able to help fix most of what I reported but if you look at reply #11734147 in that thread you'll notice a screenshot (also posted here) of the Upcoming events section in the homepage hero. The word "Upcoming" is not displaying on the Spanish version of the page in Spanish, but only in English. I've reviewed the thread I pasted above and am unable to get this to work.

Note the site is now live but for some reason I was unable to select it in the What site do you need help with? radio buttons here. The URL I selected will forward to the live site however.

This issue can also be seen on the duplicate of the live site from within the last 24 hours, below.

11734147-Screen_Shot_2022_07_25_at_10.55.28_AM-150x150.jpg
November 6, 2022 at 11:19 am #12391999

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please try the following:

1) Go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization > Strings in the plugins
2) Select the plugin that created the string and scan it (Probably it's the Events Calendar plugin)
3) Go to WPML > String Translation
4) Search for the string and translate it

If the above steps didn't help, please try the other methods mentioned here to find the string: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Please note that I couldn't access the back end with the credentials you provided due to error with an incorrect password.

Let me know please if that helps.

Regards,
Mohamed

November 7, 2022 at 5:03 pm #12402383

jonathanS-28

Thank you Mohamed, but the original thread I referenced here points out how far we previously went to get this word to display in Spanish, with no success. The word "Upcoming" is translated in WPML but won't display properly on the front end. It's not a question of not being able to find it in WPML string translation. I'm looking for a deeper dive on this as the standard documentation isn't working.

November 7, 2022 at 6:50 pm #12403137

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jonathan,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) so I can continue investigating this issue
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Thanks for your cooperation

November 7, 2022 at 7:55 pm
November 8, 2022 at 9:40 am #12408285

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for providing the access details.

The string comes from a Beaver Builder widget called "Events List". I couldn't find it with any of the String Translations options, so I tried to replicate the issue on a clean installation, and I see the same issue here hidden link.

I've escalated the ticket to the 2nd tier supporters for further investigation and I will update you once I have something to share.

Regards,
Mohamed

Screenshot_484.jpg
November 8, 2022 at 12:06 pm #12409765

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

The issue has been escalated to our compatibility team, I will update you once I get their reply.

November 8, 2022 at 1:25 pm #12410455

jonathanS-28

Excellent, thank you!

November 8, 2022 at 3:27 pm #12412055

Mohamed Sayed

You're welcome, we will be always happy to help.

November 18, 2022 at 12:12 pm #12489861

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your patience.

After further investigation, our developers found that this is a WP core widget that is not available for posts by default but is activated by The Events Calendar plugin.

As it seems to be an edge case, we won't be able to provide a fix at the moment. So the only available workaround will be to translate the string manually with the following steps:

1. Translate the post normally
2. Go to the edit screen of the post (original language).
3. Change the language using the Language switcher at the top admin bar
4. If it displays a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"
5. Edit with Beaver Builder and modify the string

Regards,
Mohamed

November 21, 2022 at 3:58 pm #12505565

jonathanS-28

Thank you Mohamed, I've completed that step.

November 21, 2022 at 8:26 pm #12506719

Mohamed Sayed

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or issues, we will be glad to help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.