Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by felixB-29 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 16, 2022 at 5:49 am #11870199

felixB-29

Hi Mihai

I have found the solution for translating the "Search" string in TablePress Plugin on this site:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sprache-wechseln-bearbeiten-link-entfernen/

The problem is, that now the language also stays in english, if I change the degfault WordPress language to “German (Deutschland)”.

Is there anything you have changed manually in the code or js, so the language for "Search" stays in English? The "Edit/Bearbeiten" Button bottom left is changing the language, if changing the default WordPress language.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

TablePress_Search_Translation.jpg
August 16, 2022 at 12:43 pm #11872493

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I would have to take a closer look.

1. Do I understand that you need this string to change from "Search" to whatever other language is active?

Have you already tried searching for this string in the String Translation table?

2.Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

August 16, 2022 at 4:10 pm #11874341

felixB-29

Hi Yvette

Thank yo very much for your reply. I have tryed to translate "Search" to German "Suchen" with WPML but I was not able to find the solution. Mihai from your support team also tried to find a solution with WPML to translate this string. So we tried everything until I have foud the solution in this thread:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sprache-wechseln-bearbeiten-link-entfernen/

So I have deinstalled WPML and with the solution from this thread, I was also able to make it work on my projec site:
hidden link

Unfortunately, on my live website, I was not able to make it work, so I thought maybe Mihai had added some code or plugns on the live website, what causes that the Search title stays ow always in English.

Maybe it would be easyer if you could pass over my support question to Mihai, because he knows best what modifications he made.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Translation_without_WPML.jpg
August 16, 2022 at 7:11 pm #11875087

Yvette
Supporter

Mihai is currently out of the office but will return the day after tomorrow. He is happy to take your ticket if you are willing to wait for his return.

Please advise.

August 16, 2022 at 8:30 pm #11875297

felixB-29

Hi Yvette

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, that is fine!

I am looking forward to hear from Mihai in the next few days.

Thanks again for helping me!

Kind regards,
Felix

August 17, 2022 at 7:51 am #11877927

Yvette
Supporter

Very good. I am transferring this ticket now to Mihai. Good luck!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.