Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're trying to translate a global element created with Bricks Builder and are encountering issues where the translation does not appear correctly on the frontend.

Solution:
We recommend following these steps:
1. Apply the fix from the WPML errata page for Bricks Builder issues. You can find it here: Bricks translated content not showing on frontend.
2. Edit the home page in the default language using Bricks Builder and make necessary text changes.
3. Save your changes and exit to WordPress.
4. Update the translations in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE), ensuring all text is present and translated.
5. If some elements still don't display correctly, go to WPML -> String Translation. Search for the strings that are not showing correctly, correct their language if necessary, and translate them. For guidance on changing the language of a string, visit: How to change the source language of strings.
6. Note that if you are using plugins like 'Max Addons for Bricks' which are not compatible with WPML, you might need to manually translate some elements using the WP Editor. For more information on using different translation editors, see: Using different translation editors for different pages.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the problem persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.46 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 23, 2024 at 4:50 am #16097125

sebastianS-125

Background of the issue:
I try to translate my global element created with Bricks Builder on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
I created a global element (widget) with Bricks Builder and now can't translate it.

Questions:
How do I translate a global element created with Bricks Builder using WPML?

August 23, 2024 at 10:45 am #16098299

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

There's a known issue reported somewhat similar (but not exactly) at https://wpml.org/errata/bricks-translated-content-not-showing-on-frontend/. Can you please check this and see if it helps fixing the problem?

If it doesn't, can you please explain little more about the issue that what "can't translate" exactly means? Like, for example the content of the element does not appear in translation editor? And how you're translating the content?

Please also provide the debug information of your website for an overview of your setup. See https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for more information.

I've enabled the debug information section for your next reply.

Additionally you can also take a look at https://wpml.org/faq/checklist-before-opening-a-ticket-in-wpml-support/ and cross-check for a few initial fixes.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

August 23, 2024 at 3:24 pm #16099048

sebastianS-125

Hello,

Thank you very much for the articles, unfortunately they didn't help me.

So I provided you the debug info and we'll explain my case in more details

First I created a normal page with bricks builder, and then I added a widget that I transformed into a global element with bricks builder because I use it on multiple areas on the website so it's all managed in one place.
So far this is all normal and the way how it's supposed to be, I can also translate the content in the wpml translation editor and safe it, but it is not showing the translated content on the frontend page of the native and the different (translated) language.
It is showing something completely different and on the translated page it shows me the content of the native page, very confusing and definitely not correct so far.

Here is a detailed video: hidden link

Let me know if you require anything else to help me.

Thanks in advance

August 26, 2024 at 6:39 am #16102601

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

I need to take a closer look at your site. So I request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, to share this information safely.

Also provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue and links to pages in the admin and on the frontend.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss. I may need to activate/deactivate plugins also.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

August 27, 2024 at 5:26 am #16107303

sebastianS-125

Here is access to my website

SFTP:
hidden link

Access to the website as an admin is here: *** removed from public message ***

Links:
to the Fontend GER (Default Language): hidden link
to the Fontend ENG: hidden link
to the Backend GER (Default Language): hidden link
to the Backend ENG: hidden link

This is a backup website of the original, so feel free to do whatever you want, no problem if you crash something feel free to investigate 🙂

August 27, 2024 at 9:47 am #16108714

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the details.

Please note that do not share site credentials and sensitive information in public messages. Your previously shared information has been removed due to safety.

I've set your next reply as private again to share the site access safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

August 29, 2024 at 1:27 am #16117368

sebastianS-125

I don't see the option to add credentials in my reply...
Screenshot here: hidden link

Here is access to my website

SFTP:
hidden link

Access to the website as an admin is here: *** removed from public message ***

Links:
to the Fontend GER (Default Language): hidden link
to the Fontend ENG: hidden link
to the Backend GER (Default Language): hidden link
to the Backend ENG: hidden link

This is a backup website of the original, so feel free to do whatever you want, no problem if you crash something feel free to investigate 🙂

August 29, 2024 at 6:35 am #16117616

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Please see the attached screenshot. You've already selected private message, and under WordPress / server access section, you have to also check on "I have read and I agree to the legal disclaimer" for the relevant section to appear.

I've set your next reply as private again to share the site access safely.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 113251.jpg
August 29, 2024 at 12:59 pm #16120081

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access and the details, I am working on this and 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

August 30, 2024 at 7:09 am #16123027

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I was able to fix the issue by following these steps:

- Applied the fix from this errata: https://wpml.org/errata/bricks-translated-content-not-showing-on-frontend/.
- Then edited the home page in default language using Bricks Builder.
- Then made changes in the text of the CTA button and in the content of elements below it (i.e. added TEST at end).
- Saved and exited to WP.
- Updated the translations in ATE. Here I could see all of these text present and some were already translated. I filled the gaps and saved the translation.
- However, on frontend, some displayed correctly but others didn't.
- So I went to WPML -> String Translation and searched for the ones not showing correctly. And found that they were untranslated, as well as, had wrong language (see attached).
- I corrected the language for these strings (click to see how to change language of the string).
- Translated these strings and these are now hidden link">displaying correctly on the frontend (see attached also).

Since some elements are coming from a couple of WPML incompatible plugins (i.e. Max Addons for Bricks, and, BricksExtras), so you'll need to use the above mentioned mixed approach. For example, after translating in ATE, also check in String Translation, correct language of string if needed and translate.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 120904.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-30 115945.jpg
Screenshot 2024-08-30 115905.jpg
September 1, 2024 at 1:49 am #16128310

sebastianS-125

Hello again!

It is not completely working so far.

I am not able to translate the CTA Button form "Max addons for Bricks"
I followed all your steps, but unfortunately this element is still not 100% translatable.

Can you tell me how to translate the bottom part of this button?

You can check the same website where I gave you access already, I deleted all the rest of the Hero Section, so just this button is left.

September 2, 2024 at 8:35 am #16130548

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates. Unfortunately "Max Addons for Bricks" isn't on our compatibility list (https://wpml.org/plugin/). I'm afraid you need to check with the author of the plugin.

On the other hand, you can use manual translation using WP Editor. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/ for details.

Please feel free to provide any technical details or information you get from the plugin author and I'll try my best to help you further.

September 7, 2024 at 10:50 am #16151172

sebastianS-125

Thank you very much for your patience and your help.

For now, I will work with the manual translation using WP-Editor. Perhaps "Max Addons for Bricks" will make their plugin compatible with WPML in the future.

I will definitely write them but don't know their answer yet.

September 9, 2024 at 5:25 am #16153438

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the understanding. Yes please take your time and feel free to get back to us whenever you've more information from the author.

Theme and plugin authors are welcome to join WPML’s Go Global program, which helps them make their code multilingual ready. Together with WPML’s compatibility team, they can test and confirm that their theme or plugin works with WPML. See https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/ for details and you can refer your theme/plugin provider to this as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.