Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.53 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
November 15, 2022 at 10:58 am #12462085

xpand-solutionsX

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We tried to translate the banner created by the GDPR Cookie consent plugin from English to Portuguese (see attached images) but it keeps failling.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes we tried in the normal way, with the String translation option on the WPML menu (attached images) but it does not find the strings that we want.

We then tried to increase the memory limit and upgrade the plugin to the latest version but it does not work either. (attached images)

After that we tried to go to Admin texts translation to find another strings but we didn't find the ones we needed.

Can you guys help us translating that banner?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Admin texts translation.png
Support.png
Info.png
String translation.png
GDPR Cookie Consent banner.png
November 16, 2022 at 6:28 am #12468823

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’d be happy to help you on this issue.

The plugin CookiesYes is compatible with WPML to translate the content that displays on the page. Please read more on these articles to know how to translate it
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wpml-to-translate-cookie-law-info/
hidden link

I see you’ve created another topic that relates to this question https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-for-a-specific-plugin-gdpr-cookie-consent/
Please make sure all related plugins are up to date and check this issue again.

I also need more information on your site by sharing the debug info. If you don’t know how to share the debug info, please follow this article https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
Your next reply is enabled to share the debug info.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

November 18, 2022 at 5:29 pm #12492097

xpand-solutionsX

Hi Long,

Yes we already tried to follow the articles to translate that and we already followed the insctructions on the other topic that relates to this question (that topic was for other website).

We have the related plugins up to date too.

I pasted the debug information. Could you guys take a look on the website? I can get you an account to do that.

Thank you.

The debug informatio is: (I pasted here because it was giving an error in the other box)

1lsub6zbh43gv.cloudfront.net/production/logos/preview_smartcat-64847b2b95859d374aac.png","project_details_url":"%{server_url}/projects/%{project_id}","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"d1c696251639dde597dd81b6fec113a9","doc_url":"https://wpml.org/translation-service/smartcat/","notification":false,"tms":true,"has_language_pairs":false,"deadline":true,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"","how_to_get_credentials_url":"","client_create_account_page_url":"","partner":false,"review_url":"","uses_ate":false,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"Server URL","name":"server_url","type":"text"},{"label":"API key","name":"api_key","type":"text"},{"label":"Account ID","name":"account_id","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":false,"feedback_forward_method":"api","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":0,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[],"certifications":[],"redirect_to_ts?":true},{"id":121,"name":"Smartling","description":"Smartling is a translation management platform and language services provider to localize content across devices and platforms. Author of Enterprise Translation Cloud, a data-driven approach to localization that helps customers achieve higher quality translation at a lower total cost.","url":"https://wpml.org/go/smartling/","logo_url":"hidden link","logo_preview_url":"hidden link","project_details_url":"hidden link{account_id}/account-jobs/{project_id}:{job_id}","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"3f1d34db7a1c34e0840e81b4aceb97db","doc_url":"https://wpml.org/translation-service/smartling/","notification":true,"tms":true,"has_language_pairs":true,"deadline":false,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"","how_to_get_credentials_url":"","client_create_account_page_url":"","partner":false,"review_url":"","uses_ate":false,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"User Identifier","name":"user_identifier","type":"text"},{"label":"User Secret","name":"user_secret","type":"text"},{"label":"Account UID","name":"account_uid","type":"text"},{"label":"Project ID","name":"project_id","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":false,"feedback_forward_method":"manual","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":0,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[],"certifications":[],"redirect_to_ts?":true},{"id":144,"name":"SDL Language Cloud TMS","description":"The SDL Language Cloud TMS connector for WPML provides a seamless link between WPML and SDL Language Cloud TMS, allowing fast and easy management of multilingual web content and translation projects from within WordPress.","url":"hidden link","logo_url":"hidden link","logo_preview_url":"hidden link","project_details_url":"hidden link","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"a87dad5a887e062d5a269574bd54fc3b","doc_url":"https://wpml.org/translation-service/sdl-language-cloud/","notification":false,"tms":true,"has_language_pairs":false,"deadline":true,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"Your username and password are the same as the credentials you use to login to SDL Language Cloud","how_to_get_credentials_url":"https://wpml.org/translation-service/sdl-language-cloud/#connecting-to-language-cloud","client_create_account_page_url":"hidden link","partner":false,"review_url":"","uses_ate":false,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"Username","name":"username","type":"text"},{"label":"Password","name":"password","type":"text"},{"label":"Client ID","name":"client_id","type":"text"},{"label":"Client Secret","name":"client_secret","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":true,"feedback_forward_method":"manual","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":0,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[],"certifications":[],"redirect_to_ts?":true},{"id":147,"name":"Schmieder Übersetzungen","description":"Schmieder Translations is your language service provider for marketing translations.\r\nAs an ISO17100-certified company with over 30 years of experience in up to 27 languages, Schmieder produces top-quality marketing translations which even exceed the ISO requirements.","url":"hidden link","logo_url":"hidden link","logo_preview_url":"hidden link","project_details_url":"","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"d6cf5539da140a2a2940e2d22d2f328a","doc_url":"https://wpml.org/translation-service/schmieder-ubersetzungen/","notification":true,"tms":false,"has_language_pairs":true,"deadline":true,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"","how_to_get_credentials_url":"","client_create_account_page_url":"","partner":true,"review_url":"","uses_ate":true,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"API token","name":"api_token","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":true,"feedback_forward_method":"api","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":1,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[{"name":"Germany","code":"DE"}],"certifications":[{"name":"ISO-17100","key":"17100"}],"redirect_to_ts?":false},{"id":148,"name":"Crowdin","description":"More than 1 000 000 people use Crowdin to translate, manage and organize localization projects. No matter if you manage projects for clients, you work for a Fortune 100 company, or you're self-employed, Crowdin has features and integrations that will suit your localization needs.","url":"hidden link","logo_url":"hidden link","logo_preview_url":"hidden link","project_details_url":"","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"699e6ed91a275d04372c7289922a5610","doc_url":"","notification":true,"tms":true,"has_language_pairs":true,"deadline":false,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"","how_to_get_credentials_url":"","client_create_account_page_url":"","partner":false,"review_url":"","uses_ate":false,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"API token","name":"api_token","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":true,"feedback_forward_method":"manual","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":0,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[],"certifications":[],"redirect_to_ts?":false},{"id":149,"name":"Parlam","description":"The Parlam connector for WPML will link your WordPress platform with your Parlam TMS account. Once there, you can translate the content yourself assisted by the translation memory or assign it to the freelance translator or LSP of your choice.","url":"hidden link","logo_url":"hidden link","logo_preview_url":"hidden link","project_details_url":"","add_language_pair_url":"","custom_text_url":"","select_translator_iframe_url":"","translator_contact_iframe_url":"","quote_iframe_url":"","has_translator_selection":false,"project_name_length":128,"suid":"b5a3b7ee5fa28c5370ed81e9a5db619b","doc_url":"","notification":true,"tms":true,"has_language_pairs":false,"deadline":false,"oauth":false,"oauth_url":"","popup_message":"","how_to_get_credentials_desc":"","how_to_get_credentials_url":"","client_create_account_page_url":"","partner":true,"review_url":"","uses_ate":false,"self_registered":false,"custom_fields":[{"label":"API token","name":"api_token","type":"text"}],"default_service":0,"translation_feedback":true,"feedback_forward_method":"manual","rankings":{"quality":0,"quality_ranking":0.0,"speed":0,"speed_ranking":0.0,"popularity":0,"popularity_ranking":0.0,"primary":0.0,"primary_ranking":0.0},"ratings":{"wpml_average_user_rating":0.0},"specializations":[],"countries":[],"certifications":[],"redirect_to_ts?":false}]
}

November 21, 2022 at 10:11 am #12502713

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before providing us access ❌
You can use this plugin to do this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
It’s done in just a few minutes.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Thanks

November 22, 2022 at 12:21 pm #12511167

xpand-solutionsX

Hello,

We are getting the credentials needed for the access, could you please turn on the private box? It´s not working.

Also could you please give us your IP, because we block every IP outside from a white list to access the back end

Thank you

November 23, 2022 at 8:43 am #12517185

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi there,

Please add my IP to your whitelist 113.186.84.45, but it is a dynamic IP so it will be changed in a half day or a few hours. It would be better if you can disable the IP restrictions until the issue is fixed so my colleagues can also check your site without providing IPs.

I’ve also set your next reply as private including the private box. If the box is not working, you can add the credentials to the reply as it is private.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before providing us access ❌
You can use this plugin to do this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
It’s done in just a few minutes.

Thanks

November 24, 2022 at 10:28 am #12525897

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Unfortunately, I’m still not able to access your site due to the restriction. Can you please double-check this feature?

Thanks

November 28, 2022 at 12:08 pm #12546403

xpand-solutionsX

Hello,

Can you please try again and see if it is working now?

Thanks.

November 29, 2022 at 1:40 am #12550933

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm able to login to your site but at a certain time, maybe the restriction is set to work for some specific hours.

I've checked the translation on your site and see that it is saved to the database correctly. But the translation is still not displayed on the frontend.

Checking the folder /wp-content/languages/wpml/, I do not see the .mo file created. There should be a file with a name like admin_texts_cookie-law-info-pt_pt.mo and a new timestamp. Each string translation domain will be generated to one .mo file, for example: hidden link

It is mostly related to the writing permissions on your installation. I recommend contacting your hosting support to ask for checking permission. Please read more on the documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/cannot-write-mo-files/

Thanks

November 29, 2022 at 4:05 pm #12556541

xpand-solutionsX

Hello,

We just confirmed and it seems that we have all the permissions needed now. Can you please test that?

Thank you.

November 30, 2022 at 10:31 am #12561729

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I've tried to translate the strings again but do not see the .mo file created. It could be a security measure or a block of code that does not allow PHP writing (your restriction IP?).
Or if you are using load balancers or multiple servers on your website, because that could also be the reason why you are having this issue.

Please check those points with your hosting support or your developer and try to translate any strings, if the .mo file is created this issue will be resolved.

Thanks

December 12, 2022 at 5:23 pm #12637087

xpand-solutionsX

Hello,

We checked our permissions to write files and they are correct and they allow to write files. We also tried to translate the same strings on another machines but with the same website and the problem remains.

Could you please give us further assistance on how to solve this issue?

Thank you.

December 13, 2022 at 3:56 am #12638959

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Can you please try to translate this plugin strings on a fresh install of WordPress? It could be in a local host, or a different hosting, where the permission is set to default.

You can also login to the sandbox site below and set up the necessary plugins and check the issue there.
hidden link

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

December 13, 2022 at 5:00 pm #12644359

xpand-solutionsX

Hello,

Well I tried your sandbox where I installed the plugin of the Cookies (it seems different from what we have maybe because our is a premium version), but I was able to translate in the "Admin Texts Translation" section of WPML.

Then I tried to install the free version on our wbesite too to see if that was the problem. But once again I was not able to translate it on our website even tho I did the exact same way as in the Sandbox.

Thanks.

December 14, 2022 at 1:08 am #12645875

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

So you can see, the string can be translated and displayed as well on the sandbox site which has the fresh install and no permission/restriction. If you use the plugin WP File Manager, you can see there is a .mo file generated in the folder /wp-content/languages/wpml/, it has the domain name of the string. Please see my screenshot hidden link

But the translation doesn't display on your site and I do not see any .mo file in the same folder on your hosting. There could be something wrong with the permission/restriction on your hosting that prevents the String Translation plugin to write a .mo file to the folder.

Please read more on the documentation https://wpml.org/faq/cannot-write-mo-files/

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate banner from GDPR Cookie Consent plugin (CookieYes)’ is closed to new replies.