Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
January 9, 2024 at 4:43 pm #15165909

marketingD-3

Hi WPML Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue I am facing with the WPML plugin on my WordPress website. I am currently unable to upload ZIP files using the plugin.

Issue Description:
When attempting to upload a ZIP file containing a total of 9 files, I encounter an error message displayed in a small red pop-up on the top right of the screen. The message simply states, "Import Failed!". I have followed troubleshooting steps, including deleting the __MACOSX/ directory through the terminal on my Mac, but the problem persists.

Details:
WordPress Version: 6.4.2
WPML Version: 4.6.6
Operating System: macOS Ventura Version 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome Version 120.0.6099.199

Steps Taken:
Deleted the __MACOSX/ directory in the terminal.
Attempted to upload the ZIP file containing 9 files.
Received the error message "Import Failed!"
Additional Information:

The total size of the ZIP file is well within the acceptable limits.
I can successfully upload individual files, but not the entire ZIP archive.

Screenshots:
Attached

Urgency:
This issue is affecting my ability to efficiently manage multilingual content on my website. Therefore, I kindly request urgent assistance to resolve this matter.

Your prompt attention and support in resolving this issue are highly appreciated. If additional information or access is needed, please let me know, and I will provide it promptly.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Fernanda Walker

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 11.39.19 AM.png
January 9, 2024 at 7:50 pm #15166393

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Could you please update the WPML plugins to the latest version and see if it fixes it?

If the issue continues, I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to Upload ZIP Files on WPML. Message: Import Failed!’ is closed to new replies.