Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by evijaJ 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
August 22, 2023 at 7:16 am #14268259

evijaJ Site owner

Hi,
I have the following problem:
1. Recently I have done wordpress, woocommerce, wpml update. After update I have received an empty (white) page.
2. I have change the wordpress permalink structure from custom to Post name and everything was ok.
3. But now I have the problem, when I open some product and than click on wpml language switcher it's redirects me to home page or to other (not the same) product translation. I have tried to switch permalinks to different types but result the same.
4. I have disabled WpRocket, Yoast. Nothing helped.

How it is possible to restore normal work?

Thank you!

BR,
Aleks

August 22, 2023 at 2:02 pm #14271811

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I checked your debug information, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

August 23, 2023 at 11:34 am #14278043

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your Website and it's working fine when I try to navigate to a different language while checking on a product. Here is a screen recording hidden link .

Could you probably record a short screen recording from your end to show me what you're getting over there?

Also, why did you insert "home-2" to your product permalink as shown in the attached screenshot?

Screenshot_62.png
August 23, 2023 at 12:23 pm #14278423

evijaJ Site owner

Hi,
Yes now it's working but it started to work normally after I have chosen permalink structure "Shop base with category" (home-2/....). Before it was "/product/%product_cat%/", but when I enter like it was url does not works correct. So maybe you can assist with switching permalinks to nice view?

Thank you!

August 24, 2023 at 3:18 pm #14287039

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I understand why "home-2" is currently being displayed. It seems that you've designated your "shop" page as the front page, leading to the "home-2" product permalink. You can check it out here hidden link

And here is where you configure the homepage hidden link

Nevertheless, I've restored it to "/product/%product_cat%/" and it appears that the product links are still functioning correctly. Could you please verify this?

August 24, 2023 at 4:55 pm #14287363

evijaJ Site owner

Hello,

Thank you very much for great explanation and solution!
I have checked everything working correct!
Thank you so much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.