Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
December 6, 2023 at 11:27 pm #15012629

mkt@uprtek

I am trying to: Advanced Translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Advanced Translations (pencil)

Instead, I got: Advanced Translations (gear)

December 6, 2023 at 11:34 pm #15012641

mkt@uprtek

Hi, Prosenjit helped me with this yesterday #15003883 and it fixed my problem. but it is happening this morning, so I have to go through same procedures wpml>support>troubleshoot. Still can fix, but why is this happening again? Seems like happening to new posts.

Basically, I make a change to English version, the Chinese gets the turning arrrows. I go into Adv Translation, I can't see my changes in Adv Translation and it says 100%. I hit the complete button, then I get the gear - doesn't happen everytime.

December 7, 2023 at 3:12 am #15012991

mkt@uprtek

Now, I make changes to English, but the pencils don't always change. We have 7 languages, the last time I changed english, only 3 out of 7 languages changed from pencil to circles.

December 7, 2023 at 11:47 am #15016265

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. If you've removed any content and then tried to update the translation, it is expected to not see any changes in the Translation editor and you'll always see the translation 100% completed.

However, if you are still noticing a gear icon or not seeing the newly added contents in the Translation editor, it might be due to the caches since you're using optimization plugins on your site. Could you please clear the caches from both the site and your browser, and then check again?

If the problem continues even after clearing the caches, please share the link to the specific page or post where you're experiencing the error during translation. Also, please go to "WPML > Support ↳ Advance Translation Editor → Error logs" and share a screenshot of the page. While taking the screenshot, please make sure that all the column information is visible. I will check and let you know what to do next.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

December 10, 2023 at 4:35 am #15030341

mkt@uprtek

It's an intermittent problem - as long as we don't have some serious problem, I think it's ok to close the ticket. I know caching is a little tricky when performing updates to your website, over routers, servers an cdns.

mkt@uprtek confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-10 04:35:01.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.