Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A double language selector appeared on the header, how to remove/hide one of them.

Solution:
Please go to Enfold theme options >> Header > Extra Elements > Enfold WPML Language Flags (Global Setting) and select the “Hide default language flag” option as you can see in the below screenshot. Enfold theme - hide flags

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.20 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by marcoA-32 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
June 29, 2022 at 10:07 pm #11571439

marcoA-32

Hello,

suddenly a few weeks ago a double language selector appeared on the bar. Code was not changed, I believe anything was changed on the site.

Could you please help me? I cannot identify why this is appearing.

hidden link

Thanks
Marco

June 30, 2022 at 1:05 am #11571665

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

While waiting for one of my colleagues to help you, please review the following:

It looks like the extra pair of flags are coming from the mobile switcher.

The main flags are coming from the theme and look correct, however, the ones on the far right are pointing to the code shown in my screenshot.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.05.01 PM.png
June 30, 2022 at 6:38 am #11572385

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It seems an extra language switcher is coming from your theme and you might be able to disable this from theme options.

Alternately, you can remove this by adding following CSS in your theme’s or child theme style.css file OR Custom CSS section of the theme:

li.av-language-switch-item {
   display: none !important;
}

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

June 30, 2022 at 5:30 pm #11579587

marcoA-32

Hello,
the theme does not have any additional option for flag switching.

Any reason why the double flag is now appearing? something additional in the code maybe?

thanks
Marco

June 30, 2022 at 6:26 pm #11579909

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Could you please go to Enfold theme options >> Header > Extra Elements > Enfold WPML Language Flags (Global Setting) and select the “Hide default language flag” option as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Or please try to use the small CSS code that I provided in my previous reply.

If still an issue persists, please take a backup of your site and update your theme to the latest version, and then hide WPML flags from theme options: hidden link

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

Hide the default language flags.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.