Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertH-53 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
March 29, 2023 at 5:47 pm #13361223

robertH-53

If I make a German entry in the field for the copyright footnote in the WP customizer and translate it to English with string translation, some hours later the translated English text is visible in the footnote field and in the German front end as well. This happens now the third or fourth time

March 29, 2023 at 6:15 pm #13361375

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. Here is the ticket.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

March 30, 2023 at 6:15 am #13363309

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue with the "Sale" and "Out Of Stock" Strings on the German page. It looks like your language .mo files is conflicting with each other. Could you please share FTP access here so that I could check your language files?

As for the footer copyright, I still don't see the issue "Yet".

Thanks!

Kor

March 30, 2023 at 2:21 pm #13368225

robertH-53

Hi,
currently, the issue of copy the footnote occurs again (s. image).

And pls tell me in which folder the language files are stored, so I can send you the link to the downloaded folder. FTP access cannot be granted at the moment

Screenshot 2023-03-30 161850.png
March 30, 2023 at 2:25 pm #13368265

robertH-53

Before the entry here was in German language, it has changed automatically to the translated string

Screenshot 2023-03-30 162721.png
Screenshot 2023-03-30 162459.png
March 30, 2023 at 2:41 pm #13368377

robertH-53

How can I send to you another hidden message?

March 30, 2023 at 3:55 pm #13368883

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot see the issue on the staging site; it might only be causing issues with your production site. If you have a backup for your production site, I can check this out for you.

As for language folders, you can find them in wp-contents/languages/wpml

Please don't remove anything if you don't know what to do.

Your following answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

Thanks!

Kor

March 31, 2023 at 6:59 am #13372475

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, it would be difficult for me to troubleshoot this way.

Sorry, we would need a site snapshot to continue with the troubleshooting. Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks!

Kor

April 3, 2023 at 5:40 am #13386899

robertH-53

Hi Kor,
I have made a snapshot now, but I have to check with my client if he agrees with sending it to you, especially because there are client data stored in the tables.
For the moment we can live with this issue.

April 3, 2023 at 6:01 am #13387021

robertH-53

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
It seems that the issue was that the MS Edge browser language setting was set to English, whereas the WPML standard language is set to German.
So WP always set back the/some entries to the default browser language (English).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.