Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 12, 2022 at 6:18 am #11442059

leandroD-2

Hi,
I use wpml with bookly and bookly pro plugins in 5 languages.
For some unknow reason, for English (not default language), at the time of sending the AJAX request to render the booking form, the wp-wpml_current_language cookie is initialized with an incorrect value and the booking form is rendering with incorrect translation.
To see the problem just go to my website, select a language other than English and then select the English language. The booking form is returned in the wrong language.
Can you help me please?
PS: Don't share my address website please.

June 12, 2022 at 10:53 am #11442603

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Could you please login to this sandbox site and upload the Bookly plugin? (hidden link)

After that, please try to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, kindly let me know the steps to reproduce it.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

June 12, 2022 at 12:43 pm #11442785

leandroD-2

To see the problem just go to homepage of my website, select a language other than English and then select the English language. The booking form is returned in the wrong language. If you try to change the other languages (not English) you will see that the problem does not arise.

June 12, 2022 at 12:55 pm #11442841

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for uploading the plugin to the sandbox site. I've seen the issue on your site, but could you please check the sandbox and let me know if you can replicate the issue? (hidden link)

If the issue is replicable, please let me know the steps to reproduce it.

If it's not replicable, please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps.

1- Deactivate all the plugins except the active plugin on the sandbox site.
2- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Regards,
Osama

June 12, 2022 at 1:36 pm #11442907

leandroD-2

Hi Osama, I don't know if is issue is replicable or not. My is a production site. I cannot deactivate plugins or change themes. However there are only the bookly and wpml plugins. The theme is enfold.

June 12, 2022 at 1:38 pm #11442913

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Regards,
Osama

June 12, 2022 at 3:10 pm #11443231

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I replicated the issue on the sandbox site by changing the default language. Kindly check the sandbox when you are not logged in, and let me know if you can replicate the issue. (hidden link)

I'll consult our 2nd tier supporters regarding this issue and update you as soon as I get their reply.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience

Regards,
Osama

June 12, 2022 at 3:18 pm #11443233

leandroD-2

Ok I am waiting for a solution to the problem.
Still need access to my site?

June 12, 2022 at 4:48 pm #11443373

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I don't need the access now, but our 2nd tier might need it. I'll let you know if we need to reaccess your site.

Thanks,
Osama

June 12, 2022 at 6:29 pm #11443505

leandroD-2

Ok thank you...

June 13, 2022 at 9:42 am #11447389

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I've received our 2nd tier supporters' reply. Could you please check the following steps?

1- Edit the (\sitepress-multilingual-cms\classes\language\Detection\Ajax.php) fil
2- Replace

return Maybe::of( $_POST )

with

return Maybe::of( $_REQUEST )

3- Try to replicate the issue

I've applied these steps on the sandbox site, so kindly check it and let me know if the steps fixed the issue. (hidden link)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

June 13, 2022 at 9:50 am #11447453

leandroD-2

Hi Osama,
this solution solves the problem!!! thanks!
Now ... for info: will this fix be included in the next release?

June 13, 2022 at 9:53 am #11447499

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

It's great to hear that the workaround fixed the issue. Our dev team is working on a permanent fix, but I'm not sure if it will be ready for the next release, so please keep the ticket URL saved to apply the steps if you need them again.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Osama

June 13, 2022 at 9:56 am #11447541

leandroD-2

OK,
Thank you very much!

June 13, 2022 at 10:00 am #11447627

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

You are more than welcome! 🙂 Please don't hesitate to contact us if you face any other issues.

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.