Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client reported that a page automatically translated with WPML was not cloned correctly, with images missing in the translated version.

Solution:
1. We checked the English translation of the page and found it was incomplete, which caused missing elements such as images and styling.
2. We removed the incomplete English translation and retranslated the page. After this, the English version displayed correctly.
3. For the Spanish translation that got stuck during the process, we:
- Navigated to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and clicked the "Cancel in-progress automatic translation jobs" option to cancel the stuck jobs.
- Opened the German version of the page in the WordPress Editor.
- Resubmitted the page for Spanish translation by clicking on the "+" icon associated with Spanish.
After these steps, the Spanish page displayed properly.

If you're experiencing similar issues, we recommend you follow the steps above. However, the solution might be irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case. If so, please open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
March 14, 2024 at 7:29 am #15407719

johannesF-4

Hi,

We have our website automatically translated with WPML and a page that has been translated is not cloned correctly. Images are missing, for example.

The original page:
hidden link

The translation of it:
hidden link

Is there a problem with our original German site?

Best regards!

March 14, 2024 at 8:38 am #15408154

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

To take a closer look at this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to deactivate and reactivate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

March 17, 2024 at 6:09 am #15417783

Noman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Sorry for the delay, it was my weekend (Friday-Saturday) and thanks for sharing the login details. I’m debugging this issue on your site now and will get back to you with an update soon.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

March 18, 2024 at 11:41 am #15420627

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well.

As Noman is on Vacation, I've taken this ticket and assist you in this matter.

I understand the issue you're having. Since you've shared the access, I have checked and found that the English translation of the page titled "Was ist SD-WAN?" was incomplete. As a result, various elements such as images and styling were not displaying correctly in the English version.

I removed the incomplete English translation and subsequently retranslated the page into English. Following this, the content on the English version began to display correctly. You can view the updated English page here: hidden link

If you ever encounter the issue again, please make sure that the page translation is fully completed.

Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

March 20, 2024 at 10:20 am #15430304

johannesF-4

Hello Prosenjit,

thank you very much for taking care of this issue. The page in english translation looks good now.

My colleague started to translate the same page in spanish, but the process will not be completed (please see screenshots also).

Here is the direct URL: hidden link

Thank you for checking in advance!

Best regards!

WPML-Page not translated_SD-WAN.JPG
WPML-translation ongoing_SD-WAN.JPG
March 21, 2024 at 4:01 am #15434232

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thank you for the update.

Upon review, I found that the Spanish page had been submitted for automatic translation but, it got stuck during the process. To address this, I took the following steps to ensure proper translation:

1. Navigated to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and click the "Cancel in-progress automatic translation jobs" option (you'll need to scroll down to find this button). It cancels the Stuck jobs.
2. Opened the German version of the page in the WordPress Editor.
3. Resubmitted the page for Spanish translation by clicking on the "+" icon associated with Spanish.

After completing the translation, the Spanish page now showing properly: hidden link

I hope it helps. If there is anything else you need help with, please let me know.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

March 21, 2024 at 7:03 am #15434436

johannesF-4

Good morning,

thank you for the instructions on the individual steps. The spanish page also looks good!

We'll keep that in mind.

Best regards!

johannesF-4 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-21 07:03:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.