Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 7:00 – 15:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
June 20, 2024 at 8:51 pm #15767004

grzegorzC-5

Background of the issue:
We have seen a very worrying problem with our website that uses WPML and the multi-currency plugin. We have two languages on our website English and Polish. We also have two currencies EURO and PLN. The languages have a language switcher but the currencies do not. They are using the automatic geo location feature and that how the currency is set. PLN is set for anyone in Poland and EURO is for everybody else. A couple days ago an order came through for a product whose price is 350PLN or 100EURO but the customer bought it for 100PLN which is obviously very bad. I already updated all the plugins connected with Woocommerce and WPML and I know this would be your first suggestion but I'm worried this would not be enough and we can't afford to have this problem happen again. At this point I need to point out that I couldn’t reproduce the scenario myself (using a VPN) but my client who is the owner of the webshop has seen prices in PLN with the wrong amount while being abroad.

Symptoms:

Questions:

June 21, 2024 at 9:03 pm #15778890

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

Hello,

So I checked around, it seems a similar issue was reported years ago twice by another user and updating their plugins was enough to solve it as they didn't comeback since :

1st ticket : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/price-used-in-wrong-currency/

2nd ticket : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multicurrency-display-wrong-price/

It is safe to assume that updating your plugins was enough to stop this from occurring again,

Also, it could be a bug in the caching system (LiteSpeed Cache) which also depends on the reproduction of the issue to get a better idea on how can this issue occur.

Best,