Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 12, 2023 at 8:50 pm #14028197

paolaS-3

I am trying to: the svg images don't break when translating

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:the images on svg

Instead, I got: no images I think is the double hash hidden link

July 13, 2023 at 11:52 am #14032525

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help you in this matter.

I understood the issue you're having. We had these kinds of issues previously and have been able to solve many of them. If you have manually defined the upload folder in the wp-config.php file, Could you please try following the suggestion mentioned in the ticket below?

- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/image-url-contains-a-double-slash/#post-11164589

If your case is different, then kindly follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps to solve the issue.

- Take a full backup of your site.
- Access the root folder of your site using the FTP tool or from the file directory of your server.
- locate the ".htaccess" file and edit it.
- Copy the rules added there and save it on a notepad.
- Replace the htaccess rules with the one included here: https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/htaccess/#basic-wp
- Save the changes.
- Open the default post with the SVG image.
- Remove the image and add it again.
- Save the changes and update the translation as well.

Please let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.