Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by florianB-9 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 21, 2022 at 2:55 pm #12288491

florianB-9

Ok thank you.
Another thing I noticed that now, the strings of all pages appear in the String Translation table. That bloats that table unnecessarily - is there a way to prevent that and only have the translated strings of a page within the ATE?

October 24, 2022 at 8:38 am #12298273

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked your String Translation here hidden link and it looks fine.

If you don't need any of the strings listed, you can just delete them.

Thanks!

Kor

October 24, 2022 at 9:07 am #12298557

florianB-9

Hi, the reason it looked fine was that there was no text on the page.
I've just added a sentence in default language, translated it with ATE and now, this string appears in the String Translations. Could you please check again? Thank you.

October 25, 2022 at 9:43 am #12305939

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

That's how it works by default. When a post is built with a page builder, the strings are extracted and saved in a string package. Then the post is sent together with the string package for translation.

Thanks!

Kor

October 25, 2022 at 9:44 am #12305973

florianB-9

I dont use any page builder, just the built in wordpress/woocommerce editor and I never had this issue before, it just appeared about one week ago. May it be caused by the ATE? I used the classic translation editor before.

October 25, 2022 at 1:38 pm #12307975

Kor
Supporter

Hi there.

Thanks for your reply.

The contents on this page hidden link are created using "Gutenberg Classic Editor Block" and it's a page builder from WordPress.

Thanks!

Kor

October 25, 2022 at 2:08 pm #12308213

florianB-9

Hi, thank you.
I've just disabled Gutenberg completely (through "disable bloat" plugin) and created a new page without a form. Added text, translated, checked String Translation > no translation there, perfect!
But as soon as I add a shortcode to that page, the whole pages' strings appear in String translation. Thats so weird - any idea why this happens?

October 26, 2022 at 2:47 pm #12316553

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

That is happening because of the custom XML configuration I've applied here hidden link .

You can remove the custom XML configuration and delete the strings here hidden link

Then, the next time you translate it will not create a string in your String Translation.

Could you give it a try?

Thanks!

Kor

October 26, 2022 at 5:06 pm #12317633

florianB-9

Yes! My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.