Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 22, 2022 at 1:47 pm #11905493

danielm-115

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi,

I'm trying to Make the URL's of the youtube widget translateable. on this page hidden link but I do not understand the XML tutorial.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Can someone assist me in getting the Youtube links showing up in the advanced Translation manager?

August 22, 2022 at 2:23 pm #11905603

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please this guide about translating URLs using the advanced translation editor? (https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-translate-urls-shortcodes-and-html-attributes-using-the-advanced-translation-editor/)

I checked the default Elementor video widget and was able to find the URLs when searching for them.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
August 23, 2022 at 7:50 am #11909647

danielm-115

I Was able to find the youtube strings but after changing the URL the Dutch video is still playing on the French website.

Am I forgetting something?

August 23, 2022 at 8:29 am #11909877

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure why it's not working, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate Youtube URL in Advanced translation manager.’ is closed to new replies.