Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
September 18, 2022 at 6:03 pm #12074709

thomas

hi there i just found the wmpl doubles all my media which i want not to do.
however if i go to settings > media translation i can unhook all the stuff but it wont be saved.
everytime i go back its set again and the media images are doubled up.

please help how to undo this annoying behaviour.
thanks
thomas

Screenshot 2022-09-18 195419.jpg
September 19, 2022 at 9:39 am #12077307

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

First of all this functionality is not duplicating the files, but only setting the same URL of the media in all languages is a database.

So it is not actual file duplication but only some extra entries in the database.

We are doing this in order when you translate a post/page, and it has a media, in the translation you will have the same media.

If you disable this function then all the translations with media, we will not have anything.

If you wish to have different media per translation, you should use our plugin WPML Media and you can set different images per page.

Now if you insist to disabled that feature but after this, all the settings are back, probably you are having this issue :

https://wpml.org/errata/all-media-is-duplicated-when-a-new-language-is-added/

Please follow the steps there and the issue will be fixed.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.