Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
July 6, 2023 at 9:46 am #13957947

johnM-67

I have posted a new news entry, cleared the cache and the homepages started to look weird. When WPML enabled it adds <p> and <br> in multiple places making the layout look broken. Attached two screenshots with and without WPML enabled.

Here's a link to bypass the basich auth: hidden link

July 7, 2023 at 11:02 am #13967421

johnM-67

When I can expect your help? Our website is broken, and I can't just disable WPML (which solves the problem).

July 7, 2023 at 11:13 am #13967441

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I'd be glad to assist you in this matter.

I understood that the HTML tags are appearing as plain text on some sections of your site. To check the issue, I tried to access your site but a 403 error appears each time.

However, this kind of issue may happen if you add HTML content on a page through the Text field widget. Kindly try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps to solve the issue.

- Please go to "WPML > Settings" and scroll down to the "Page builders options" section.
- Disable the option "Send to translation the content of raw HTML cells" and click on "save"
- Now, open the default page where you're having the issue and make a small change.
- Save the changes and update the translation of that page as well.

Let me know the update. I will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

July 7, 2023 at 1:45 pm #13968397

johnM-67

Hi,

Unfortunately, this didn't work. You can see the page at: hidden link. What's weird, it's only the homepage that looks broken. The other pages are fine. Any other ideas?

July 7, 2023 at 4:15 pm #13969529

johnM-67

I couldn't wait longer for the resolution, so I have reverted the site from the backup. I will come back with this issue next week.

July 10, 2023 at 4:21 am #13973883

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you due to the weekend.

As the issue persists even after following the steps, a closer inspection will require to identify the root cause of the issue. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better if you can replicate the issue on a testing site and share the access to that site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response and cooperation in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

The topic ‘[Closed] When enabled WPML adds and in multiple places on the homepage’ is closed to new replies.