Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 12, 2024 at 6:55 pm #15733303
June 12, 2024 at 7:21 pm #15733397

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for the screenshots! The conversion looks correct for the products, but the shipping does look miscalculated or something is triggering it to be higher.

I want to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 14, 2024 at 9:00 pm #15741297

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for creating the staging site, I was able to review everything.

The shipping classes are created by the Gelato plugin.
(note: the plugin was temporarily deactivated during testing, looks like you might need to reconnect the account)

Gelato is not a compatible plugin and based on information their team shared with a client previously they do not support WPML for multilingual products.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shipping-fees-are-not-working-when-i-change-language/#post-14523611

I'd suggest reaching out to the as well and verifying that this is still the case and even asking them to join our go global program which can help them become compatible with our plugin by working with our team directly.

June 17, 2024 at 4:20 am #15743167

yeray-davidL-2

Damn! That is terrible as all my products are made with them, and I paid a year subscription.

There is a problem of SKU numbers not being generated. Maybe that is also due to the incompability.

Is there any Print on Demand supplier that is compatible with WPML, I need to move on with something reliable.

Thanks.

NOTE: Will it help to launch the shop only in euros, which is the shop currency without the conversion of multicurrency?

Best

June 17, 2024 at 9:48 pm #15746910

Bobby
Supporter

I am not familiar with a specific one, however, I recommend reviewing our list of officially compatible plugins here:
https://wpml.org/plugin/

That will ensure that both our team and the 3rd party's team can work on any issues that arise.

From my understanding what Gelato is not supporting is the multicurrency feature, so yes if you offer only one currency it should work as expected.

June 18, 2024 at 6:01 am #15747327

yeray-davidL-2

Thanks for the help. FOr further knowledge, I found out that the SKU numbers are nor assigned to products with variations until the customer has chosen an option.

Now my problem is different, and I hope that we can continue troubleshooting my issue together as you already have access to the site.

There is a problem with the shipping option, being non existent for translations. Can you help me understand what the issue is.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 07.53.18.png
Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 07.53.56.png
Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 07.54.43.png
June 18, 2024 at 9:13 pm #15750971

Bobby
Supporter

After reviewing it looks like there are no shipping classes set up in WooCommerce, and that the ones in English are being pulled from the Gelato plugin.

Please let me know your results after setting up some standard WC shipping classes.

June 19, 2024 at 6:12 am #15752954

yeray-davidL-2

Hi, and thanks for your update.

I have spent ages trying to troubleshoot the translation of shipping costs, and shipping classes, and it seems that WPML has issues with dynamic content. It is a known issue online, and I have not found any of your threads with a solution. Shipping classes are pulled from Gelato, or Printfull, which I also installed, hoping that it would be different. But WPML does not recognise the shipping classes from on-demand printers to bring them into the translated language. That makes my whole set up not working multilingual.

I am sorry to say but I would like a refund. I will keep on learning about how to make this work. But WPML does not seem to work with dynamic shipping classes.

Thanks a lot anyways for the effort.

Please send me a refund.

June 20, 2024 at 10:03 pm #15767814

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

I noticed that my colleague has already addressed your refund request in the new ticket created.

Regarding the shipping classes, it appears they are from third-party plugins that do not support WPML or have known integrations with our plugin.

As a workaround, could you disable the third-party shipping classes and create WooCommerce native shipping classes? WPML should work without any issues with the native WooCommerce shipping classes.

Related Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/woocommerce-extensions-compatibility/translating-woocommerce-table-rate-shipping-woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-shipping-classes

Let me know if you need further assistance!

June 21, 2024 at 3:18 pm #15776442

yeray-davidL-2

Your workaround will not work as shipping classes are created dynamically based on the customer address from the Gelato, or other on-demand pugins. I have read other threads with similar issues. I am surprised that was not pointed out by support here before. So all in all I feel like I have been going in circles.

If addressing the refund issue is giving me an email, then I guess your collegue has done something, but it is far from the response I was looking for. The issue seems to have been reported a while back in your forums.

I am sorry that I state the fact that I feel like having wasted not only the time translating my web with a plugin that was not meant to work, but also in the many support conversations that I have been having from the start.

I would like a more formal way of asking for a refund. Based on my ticket history. Can I get it.

Thanks a lot

June 21, 2024 at 6:26 pm #15778046

Bobby
Supporter

We will refund 100% of your WPML license for up to 30 days after your purchase date.

You can submit for a refund directly here

If you have passed the timeframe window the option for a refund will not be available.

For further information regarding this, please contact our accounts team directly through our form here as a formal way of communicating:
https://wpml.org/home/contact-us/

The topic ‘[Closed] WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency’ is closed to new replies.