Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
January 29, 2023 at 7:28 pm #12917357

Aida

We've been trying to customize our website by creating new taxonomies using the Newspaper theme which supposedly is supported by you! The taxonomies get saved but don't show up in the "cloud library" as they should. So after weeks of investigations, we found out that if WPML Multilingual CMS plugin is deactivated, the theme works as expected.

Please let me know how we could fix the issue. I can provide you with the required links,... to replicate and resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

January 30, 2023 at 4:43 am #12918279

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Sorry, I'm not what you mean by don't show up in the "cloud library". Could you possibly share some screenshots and also elaborate a little bit more about how this "cloud library" works?

Also, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Furthermore, I checked your debug information, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

Thanks!

Kor

January 31, 2023 at 6:52 pm #12933037

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share a screenshot of the "Cloud Library"? I cannot see "Cloud Library" in the admin panel.

Also, please list the steps to replicate the issue.

Thanks!

Kor

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 2.34.53 AM.jpg
February 8, 2023 at 4:17 pm #12989967

Aida

Sorry for the delay in response.

Under the same "Cloud Template", under "CPT/Taxonomies", you see it doesn't show the Custom Taxonomies/pages already created! If you check the "General" tab, you see there are plenty of custom taxonomies and pages!

There is nothing to replicate! The problem is as described.

Just so you know, with WPML Multilingual CMS deactivated/deleted, everything will show up!

Thank you.

taxono.png
February 10, 2023 at 2:42 pm #13007817

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue now. we would need a site snapshot to continue with the troubleshooting. Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it.

You can paste the link to the file there.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

Thanks!

Kor

February 13, 2023 at 5:07 pm #13023279

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, the download link is not working and I'm being redirected to a page not found link as shown in the attached screenshot.

Could you check, or maybe you can grant me permission to create a snapshot on your Website?

Thanks!

Kor

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 1.05.41 AM.jpg
February 13, 2023 at 9:16 pm #13024669

Aida

As I said in my previous response, you have our permission to create whatever you like on that subdomain!
That link was there because it didn't allow me to leave it blank.

Thank you.

February 14, 2023 at 12:18 am #13024991

Aida

Just please make sure you're using the clone version of the website!

February 14, 2023 at 6:43 pm #13033629

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for the delay. I've tried to upload the "Duplicator Pro" plugin but I'm getting this error "The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.". Could you ask your hosting provider to increase the upload_max_filesize limit on your server?

Also, the FTP access credentials that you provided is not working. Could you double check on it?

Thanks!

Kor

February 21, 2023 at 7:21 am #13075741

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Sorry, I couldn't create a duplicator package due to your other server restrictions. Could you please replicate the issue here on our sandbox site hidden link so that I could forward this to our 2nd Tier Support for further investigation?

You can install your theme and plugins to replicate it. Also, I've added two languages on the SandBox site for testing purposes.

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Multilingual CMS plugin conflicts with Newspaper theme’ is closed to new replies.