Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ondrejG 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
December 4, 2022 at 2:23 pm #12586353

ondrejG

This is likely same issue as here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/price-used-in-wrong-currency/

We have eshop with Woocommerce Multilingual, using multicurrency. We use CZK (default currency) and EUR. Problem is that time from time, random product start to display EUR price as CZK. That mean product is offered for 79,90 instead of 1 990, for example.

Changing price of product (as suggested in previous ticket, linked at beginning of this one) makes price to show correctly. Since this happen pretty often in present time, we need better solution than change price when this happen. We need prevent it from happening in first place. This issue leads to products be sold for 1/25 of its price and it is big problem.

Products seems to be affected randomly, it just seems to affect products created in 2018 and before (but it may be just coincidence). It even seems to happen in times nobody edited them (but it is time before Xmas and lot of chaos, so we should take this with grain of salt).

Please advise how to prevent this issue, or let me know if you need more info or anything to do so (direct access is not option, anything else goes).

December 5, 2022 at 12:12 pm #12591027

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Please first update WPML (current version is 4.5.14) and all the addons.

If the issue still happens, you should switch to a default theme and deactivate all plugins except WPML ones and WooCommerce, to see if it might be a compatibility issue with a 3rd party plugin.

If the issue doesn't happen with only WPML, please enable the plugins one by one to check which one causes the problem.

December 5, 2022 at 3:00 pm #12592299

ondrejG

Hi,
i cant do this on production, but I made a copy of the site, did as you said and product with wrong price still has wrong price. All plugins except WPML and Woocommerce turned off, theme set to Storefront, all at current version.

What now? I can provide you access to this copy if necessary.

December 6, 2022 at 8:25 pm #12602085

ondrejG

Please, I really need to help out with this one...

December 7, 2022 at 7:15 am #12604203

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you on this issue.

We’ve received many tickets from our users recently so I’m sorry about the late reply, I cannot reply to you sooner. From now, I assure you that your ticket will be replied regularly. Thanks for your patience.

Firstly, please update WPML and other add-ons (WCML) to the latest version to get new features and bug fixes. You can check the version on the account page https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Then please follow the debugging steps below to see if it helps, go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click on some buttons.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Fix post type assignment for translations
- Make sure that you've not updated products by using the plugin BEAR (Bulk Editor and Products Manager Professional for WooCommerce) as my colleague mentioned.

If it does not help, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.
And please let me know which products display the wrong price.

❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to do this: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

December 8, 2022 at 4:12 am #12611581

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not sure how it happens on your site but I get some info after reviewing the product. In the database, the price of the product is 79.9 while it should be 1999, searching product on the table list, it also displays 79.9 Kc.
The price should be equal to the sale price or regular price if the sale price missing. Please check my screenshots
hidden link
hidden link

I think this issue happens with old products which were published a long time ago (2017, 2018) and after you use a third-party plugin to bulk update the products and it does not happen with a new product.

Please note that, even if you disable the option Multicurrency, the price still displays wrong. In this case, I recommend you review your products and re-update the regular price and let WooCommerce update the price of products again.

Thanks

December 9, 2022 at 1:10 pm #12621235

ondrejG

Thank you for investigating.

I have checked with staff that operates shop and they confirmed they did not use BEAR or anything third party for editing products for about year. There was many updates meanwhile on products that started to do problems now, so it seems unlikely to be linked. But they regularly Quick Edit option. Is it possible for Quick Edit to break prices this way?

Do I get it right that _price should equal _regular_price when everything is right? So, in very least, we can use this to detect problem in first place. Is that correct?

December 12, 2022 at 4:46 am #12631553

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm using WooCommerce 7.1.1 and tested to change the price with the Quick Edit option but do not see that issue.

If you update the price for a product and check the database, you will see the price value should be equal to the regular price value. Not sure how it happens on your site but you can find a workaround with this info or contact WooCommerce support to get further assistance.

Thanks

December 15, 2022 at 10:11 am #12656163

ondrejG

While it would be better to know how this is happening, I made script, based on your info, that checks for botched prices and staff can fix it quickly. Hope it will not get worse in time.

Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.