Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by petrosK-7 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 19, 2024 at 5:51 pm #16084887

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you, I was able to login successfully!

No changes have been made from my side just reviewing settings.

Many times when the default sorting is set the theme uses the date published.

Your products correctly have the date published synced.

If you sort by the latest for example then they are sorted in sync, how is the 'default' sorting controlled? Do you know what is used to sort the products? You mentioned something earlier about you dragging them in position.

September 1, 2024 at 1:17 pm #16129020

petrosK-7

Hello again, yes, our default sorting is the custom sorting. The custom sorting in woocommerce means that you are able to navigate on menu: Products -> All Products -> then on the top menu you can see "All" | "Published" | "Deleted" | "Order".
Click on Order and then you are able to drag and drop any product on a different position.
You can click Order also on a specific category (on the same menu, before clicking 'Order', select to filter the products selecting a category and then click 'Order').
The custom ordering is based on the field "Menu Order" which seems that its not synced and need to be synced:
Can you make this value to be synced between the Greek and the English products? The one we need to keep is the Greek menu order values. So we need to make the english products to inherit the menu order value of greek products.
Also what we need is: When we drag and drop a greek product, the same change on the 'Menu order' value must be done on the english product too.

menu ordering gaiophants.png
September 3, 2024 at 11:55 pm #16138088

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the updates!

The access to the site is still working OK for me, do I have your permission to either migrate a copy onto our Cloudways staging servers or create a duplicator package for our team to further test?

I will feel much more comfortable testing things on the copy and not on the live site 🙂

September 15, 2024 at 4:31 pm #16180421

petrosK-7

I already provide you the files and the DB but you wasnt able to deploy this on your staging env. Duplicator package is not able to created for this site due to its size and more.
Please we are trying to solve an issue from 8th of July. Lets have a skype call and solve it within 5 minutes! I know that this isn't the proper way but we will come again on this ticket with the answer fully described. It is so important to make the 'menu ordering' being synced and also to make it synchronize whenever the attribute changes. This feature was working before updates so i believe that it is possible and easy enough.
I will provide you again my personal info for an immediate communication:

WhatsApp Number: (+30) 6986088714
Skype account: hidden link

Again, to conclude:
The problem is:
The translated product, has not the same value with the original on attribute "Menu Order" (Edit Product -> Product Data -> Advanced -> Menu Order - SEE SCREENSHOT ABOVE)

What we need:
To make the translated products inherit the Menu Order value of original ones, and also to make them being automatically synced (if we change something on the Original, the translated should inherit the change).

September 16, 2024 at 5:46 pm #16185188

Bobby
Supporter

Unfortunately, a skype call or communication outside of this channel is not available.

Please re-enable our access and confirm that it is ok if I proceed with attempting to make a copy using the forms mentioned above for our team to further test.

The size is not a problem as we exclude all media and files that are large, they are not needed for this test.

To move faster we must be able to proceed with this as no actual tests can be done on your live site.

- Please re-enable the access to the site & provide me the confirmation to attempt the migration and we will be able to move forward quicker with a solution.