Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to change the string language?

Solution:
Please follow the steps explained here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-change-language-of-string/#post-4253983 to change your string language.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by priitP-5 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 9, 2020 at 4:28 pm #5456561

priitP-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I like to change the language strings to Estonian because they are in wrong language but the plugin doesn't allow to do it. Also I can't translate my checkout page. It allows to do only half of it.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
priitpress.ee

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 18.23.33.png
February 10, 2020 at 6:55 am #5459043

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please follow the steps explained here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-change-language-of-string/#post-4253983 to change your string language.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

February 10, 2020 at 7:18 am #5459073

priitP-5

Hi,

I have tried but it doesn't work. It doesn't allow to change the language string.

February 10, 2020 at 10:18 am #5460467

priitP-5

I have an issue with checkout page also. I can't translate the checkout totally. It allows to do just half of it.

Screenshot 2020-02-10 at 12.12.58.png
February 10, 2020 at 12:47 pm #5461899

Riffaz

Hi,

A I mentioned in the other ticket
"Yet, this is NOT a good solution, this should work by default. If not, there should be some incorrect or not standard code in the theme or plugins and WPML will not check this as it is NOT a WPML feature."

Anyhow, let me know your site login details in the next private reply to check this closely.
Before that could you please deactivate all the plugins except WPML and try again?
Let me know the results, please.

I have an issue with checkout page also
- please ask your every new question in a new ticket to avoid the confusion and to reduce the waiting hours.
- we are happy to help you.

Regards,

February 10, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5462609

priitP-5

Hi, Thank you for help it works.

February 11, 2020 at 7:48 am #5466819

Riffaz

Hi,

Great, it works now. 👍

Please close this ticket and do not hesitate to ask if you have any other questions in new tickets.

Regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.