Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by egian145 1 year, 9 months ago.

Author Posts
July 6, 2022 at 9:30 am

egian145

Hi. Initially, I set up WPML to have languages per domain and published a few posts in the translation domain. However, this setup caused a lot of problems, so in the end, I gave up and switched to language per directory. But as a result, all my published posts in the translation domain now return a 404 error page. I've been trying to use rewrite rules in my site's htaccess file but apparently I'm doing it wrong, because it's not working.

July 6, 2022 at 10:00 am
July 6, 2022 at 10:06 am #11612463

egian145

Additional information:

I have a single-site WordPress installation, not a multisite. I have a parked domain which I used for setting WPML to have each language per domain. After switching to "languages in directories" all the translated post URLs, published with the previous format now return a 404 error page. If I add a redirection with my hosting provider, it can only redirect every link to the homepage. What I want to do is redirect domain.gr/post to domain.com/el/post .

July 6, 2022 at 10:21 am #11612597

egian145

The hosting provider help me solve this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.